Who's Going To Uni?

Ah right. At Strathclyde the penalty process for HASS/Business School essays is different, it's based on deducting % of your original mark (I'm pretty sure). Again using Strathclyde as an example, first year doesn't count towards anything really - a basic pass is all you need. That might vary based on what faculty you're in.

Are you going to stick with the SVQ or are you planning on taking it further once you've finished?

30 when I started my access course and 31 when I started my nursing degree and I'm considering going right up to Masters level. We'll see what happens when I've finished the degree.

depends, if I pass,then first priority is getting a f/t job,the head of the placements(NHS side) told us ,because we would have the level2 and work experience in the wards, we are like gold dust to the NHS ,it was amazing the amount of hcs' ,ward assistants she pointed out that had gained work over the past 4-5 years of the healthcare academy.However IF i manage to gain employment, I'll be looking to eventually qualify as a nurse :D

Having a fucking nightmare. Doing the essay as previously mentioned in the library, got a big chunk of it written and the computer shuts down. Just shuts down. Not saved any of the work. Switch it back on with tears in my eyes. No option to restore. f**k me, f**k you, f**k everyone. Just f**k off. Fucker. Verge of tears. In tears. Seething. Having a full on mental breakdown. End.

Edited by Chupacabra

Having a fucking nightmare. Doing the essay as previously mentioned in the library, got a big chunk of it written and the computer shuts down. Just shuts down. Not saved any of the work. Switch it back on with tears in my eyes. No option to restore. f**k me, f**k you, f**k everyone. Just f**k off. Fucker. Verge of tears. In tears. Seething. Having a full on mental breakdown. End.

I know it's not much use now, but get into the habit of saving very regularly. Probably every 10 minutes.

I know it's not much use now, but get into the habit of saving very regularly. Probably every 10 minutes.

Currently doing that now. Lesson learnt, I s'ppose. Still raging though. Especially considering my essay's already 2 days late :angry::bairn

Any Glasgow people know how the hell to use turnitin? Don't even know where to start. Never used it at all in first year

Used it a couple of times. In our case turnitin was on the moodle page of the course. Fairly sure it you have to submit it as a PDF. We got to submit one practice one to show you the similarity, then we had to submit the final one. We had to print the first page of from the turnitin submission and had that in with a hard copy of the assignment. Hopefully this is of some use to you.

I've never submitted as a pdf but at Caley we do it as a .doc or a .txt file. Up until recently we couldn't use Firefox to submit through turnitin either so had to use either IE or Chrome. It's fairly self explanatory though, the instructions are all on screen. We used to have to wait until the day of submission for it to open but now recently they've just kept it open for a few weeks leading up to it so that anyone who wanted to submit early could. I never have of course because I'm usually still writing up until a couple of hours before the deadline.

Left virtually all of my politics essay until today, with essay due tomorrow, which I'm regretting badly. So much shit I haven't read, so little time.

I also have concerns about this turnitin thing. I'm sure it said essays are due in on the Monday, but should be submitted via turnitin the day before, so will I be penalised if I submit through turnitin after today, even though I'll have put my essay in the drop-in box in time?

I would have been keen but can't play on a Friday haha. We had a team last year but disbanded this year due to folk going away on Erasmus etc.

Our team never materialised anyway. We had enough folk but couldn't find a time that suited everyone. f**k knows why Glasgow can't just dedicate one afternoon a week to sport like other unis seem to do.

Edited by Meathead

Our team never materialised anyway. We had enough folk but couldn't find a time that suited everyone. f**k knows why Glasgow can't just dedicate one afternoon a week to sport like other unis seem to do

Senate passed a resolution a few years ago saying that all courses had to hold no mandatory classes on Wednesday afternoons to facilitate extracurricular activities, mainly sport.

It means even if seminars are on Wednesday afternoons there should be the choice of another tutorial time for the same module etc. GUSA seem to be urgently looking into it as it's been very poorly if at all enforced.

That being said I don't think I've ever had a Wednesday seminar. Plenty of optional lectures (mainly morning though).

Edited by Ad Lib

^^^ never happened

:lol:

I know I'm horrendously late replying to this cause I'm never on here anymore, but if I was going to make something up I'd make it a hell of a lot more interesting than that!

Anyone else finding that once you get to 4th year folk are leaving left, right and centre? A lot of folk on my course just left after they got their degree (which is fair enough) but now a lot of people are also dropping out cause they can't be arsed doing the dissertation. Which I find annoying cause I'm not going to have anyone to talk to FM about soon. :thumbsdown