Who's Going To Uni?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest honestrae95

Got my first exam tomorrow of Forensic Medicine, which is my easiest subject. A nice start before the two b*****ds of Contract Law and Constitutional Law.

Lovely.

I'm hoping to apply to get into 3rd year uni after I finish my hnd so gonna apply in September time. A bit behind with college just now and finding it hard to motivate myself

Only the 7 exams left for me. 2 of which are on Wednesday. I have an interview for a job down South after my exams and if I don't get that then I will probably go back for a masters in some sort of Business related postgrad. Not at Glasgow though, I'm looking forward to leaving there in just over a weeks time.

Looking for a wee bit of advice from anyone who has done/ is doing a Masters in Electronic & Electrical Engineering at either Glasgow or Strathclyde.

My daughter has unconditionals for both of them, but is not really sure which one would suit her best. She is currently veering towards Strathclyde after an invite to spend a day there. Any information that might help her make a decision would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If she still hasn't made her mind up.....

I done Electronic Engineering with Music at Glasgow, although I ended up not doing the Master's year and graduating with a Bachelors. Would thoroughly recommend. First three years is generally a balanced mix of various areas of electronics, circuit design, power, software, physics etc. so you get a flavour of everything. Year 4 you choose specific courses with a mind of taking that into your dissertation/ further education, I done acoustics for example. The final Masters year involves 6 months (I think) working in industry and pretty much everyone I know secured a full time job from that.

Glasgow do know their stuff on microchips if she plans to go down the research/PhD route, but up until that point it is, generally speaking, the same education you will get at any top uni. I'd recommend just going to as many open days as possible and seeing what place she likes the feel of the best.

Currently have a conditional for RGU in Aberdeen to study Multimedia Development for 2 years

Providing I get no less than a B on my 2nd year Interactive Media graded unit. Which is to design & build a website for Netball Scotland. Bit of a challenge considering they have given us absolutely nothing in regards to material or information about what they want the site to look like or the content

Well my final ever exam was a disaster from start to finish. The paper was rock solid, the questions didn't make sense in parts and to top it off my calculator ran out of battery halfway through the one set of calcs in it, so wasted a lot of time doing then in my head. I'm going to get a 2:1 at the end of the day, all I need is 50% in both this exam and my dissertation. Which I should achieve, at least I hope so.

Still never got over the fact, my group module screwed me over for a first. It's amazing doing work knowing you've got no chance and just coasting it!!

Still haven't fully decided if I go into full time employment and work towards my APC's or do a post-grade in something else. No point in a masters, anyone got any suggestions for a good course to do in a year. I haven't really thought about it, but it doesn't have to be linked in a my way, since my course is practical and has a designated job at the end?

First exam today for me. Politics 2b. One of those ones I wont be certain of how ready I am til I'm actually writing. Got a B last semester and sitting on a B3/C1 this semester so looking fairly solid to get the D I need to make it into honours next year!

History on Monday is my mire important one - need a C overall for honours and again probably sitting on a B3/C1

Public policy 1b a week after and that's my joke subject

Not been to a lecture sincevthe.first week but a.b1 in the essay means I'll have a week to get myself to D standard!

Found some plagiarism today. Raging. Utterly raging.

Can someone please put that Jim Jeffries 'Seething' gif up for me to show how utterly raging I am at this fuckwit who thinks he can take a dissertation from 2011, re-write it line by line and not get caught.

First of my final three uni exams today. Went reasonably well, I think; was on dynamical systems, which is probably my easiest module. Quite a few folk left after about half an hour, so they presumably found it a piece of piss.

To round it off nicely, an exquisite Russian girl in a white t-shirt was being soaked with water as I left the exam. Pleasing.

Edited by FifeSons

Finished my 2nd and final exam for the semester today. Utterly horrifying. Absolute guaranteed fail, hope my coursework can pull me up to a pass but I doubt that.

Exam yesterday was a piece of piss so not too concerned about that in all honesty.

Can't believe that's me finished my 1st year at Uni :o. I'm loving the lifestyle and met a few brilliant folk, but I haven't managed to juggle it with actually doing the work, if I've gotten away with it this year I'll seriously need to get the finger out next semester. I was actually embarrassed this morning in that exam. Felt utterly disgusting staying up all night trying to cram a full module in a few hours then knowing absolutely f**k all when it mattered.

One more exam and that's me finished 2nd year. Passed first year with distinction and on route to pass 2nd year with distinction with a current grade haul of 9 A's and 3 B's. Let's hope I can do the business in 3rd and 4th year.

Exam on Monday was a bit of a disaster, think I did two methods the wrong way around.

The one I just sat should've went a lot better, but the two topics that I knew very well didn't come up and I was kinda banking on at least one of them coming up. Hopefully should get a pass in that, even more so that my coursework mark was good so I was already sitting on like 15% for the class.