Craig Bellamy

ICTChris

From the Currant Bun

GRAEME SOUNESS had a sensational four-letter scrap with Newcastle bad-boy Craig Bellamy in front of stunned team-mates yesterday.

The pair had to be pulled apart after Souey lashed out at Bellamy during morning training before the squad flew out for tomorrow night’s UEFA Cup tie in Athens.

Souness, 51, was furious that Bellamy called him a f****** p***k when he was substituted after scoring in the 1-1 Premiership draw at Charlton on Sunday afternoon.

He told the Welshman: “If you do anything like that again you will not play for this club any more.â€

Bellamy, 25, responded by saying: “F*** you, I’m the best player here anyway.â€

Souness lashed out at Bellamy before other members of the Toon squad dived in to break it up.

The furious Scot then tried to drag Bellamy into the gym but fell over as the bust-up descended into a screaming match.

Now the fiery Welshman looks certain to be sold when the transfer window opens again in January.

A Toon insider told SunSport: “It was unbelievable stuff. Neither one would back down and Souey was absolutely steaming.

“Bellamy doesn’t think he did anything wrong. He didn’t want to come off against Charlton and said so.â€

The bust-up came only TWO HOURS after the St James’ Park boss had warned his players not to get themselves in the newspapers for the wrong reasons.

Souness argued after the Charlton game he had taken off Bellamy because the striker had recently played in two World Cup qualifiers and needed a rest.

But Bellamy disagreed and, not for the first time, got into a ruck with the club management.

He once threw a chair at former first-team coach John Carver at Newcastle airport.

Souness believes Bellamy is a disruptive influence at the club and will sell him if the right offer comes in after Christmas.

Souey reckons the player is symptomatic of the ills that existed under previous boss Bobby Robson, with certain stars having no respect for the authority of the club’s backroom staff.

Last month SunSport revealed how the squad had a bet on who would be the first to fall out with Souness.

Laurent Robert was the favourite — and HAS already clashed with Souness over his omission from the starting line-up.

Bellamy was second favourite and has now justified the odds.

Souness must have a thing about Welshmen.

SunSport reported his bust-up with Wales midfielder Robbie Savage when Newcastle played at Birmingham recently.

Savage told Souness: “I’m a better player than you ever were.â€

Souey responded by asking him: “What have you won, because I can’t remember anything?â€

:lol::lol::lol:

Surely Bellamy should have picked a fight with Bobby Robson, he'd have a better chance against him than Souness.

He quite clearly doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. There's no way in hell one of the bigger clubs in the Premiership will touch him with a bargepole now. He's going to either end up at a Championship side or at a lower level Premiership team like Crystal Palace or West Brom.

The problem with this fuckwit is he think's he is better than he actually is. He was a decent player before his injury but since his recovery he has been shite along with the hair style, wee bawbag :D

Guest Guinness_Alan
He's nothing but an over-rated, egotistical walloper.

A perfect description of Souness!

I hate Bellamy as well though, and Souness is right not to let him get away with it.

I watched the Newcastle Charlton game and thought that Bellamy wasn't playing to well. I wasn't surprised to see he got subbed. Very unsporting from a footballer who on his day could score a hat-trick easily. Also hopefully Souness will riphis stupid hair out before this is all over.

What a legend! That's F'cking hilarious to say that he is the best player there. He probably is in fairness. You need some more of these cocky players around I guess otehrwise you forget how much fun football is.

Have to laugh at it. You knew this was going to happen as soon as Souness got the job, which you have to give him the credit for, and shows Bellamy has been pandered far too much. I doubt hell end up at a big name club, and will probably head to Italy or Spain to get a decent team. *it would suit him aswell with the pace he has*.

Yet again the main thing here is respect, you gotta respect Souness for what he achieved as a player and listen to him, and although he hasnt been the most successfull manager, just like Southampton, no player should mouth of and determine what happens, all he should do is his job on the park, if given the chance *and Bellamy got about 60 minutes didnt he*.

Problem is dropping/having a go at shearer has led to the demise of the last 2 managers, so hed better be careful, cant upset the spoiled brats that have friends in high places, just those that are thick as 1 short plank.

I'd be very surprised if that did happen.

My pet hate about Bellamy, every game he gets caught offside on a regular basis and he procedes to moan constantly at the referee or linesman, irrespective of the decision is correct or incorrect.

Then his comments about the fact that he didn't rate any of the candidates for the Welsh job...

Archived