The Great Goals Thread

JMDP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I did say probably but I am entitled to my opinion and considering the time left and the quality of the strike.

If you disagree then I look forward to what goal you choose instead.

For it to be the most crucial goal of all time, it would probably have to be a winning goal, and also in a tournament more important than the FA cup.

If I was to ask 100 people what the most crucial goal of all time was, not one would name that goal, unless I was speaking to you.

Bollocks, I went right through hoping no-one would've posted Weahs goal! One of the few times I ever got excited watching Italian football.

The Liverpool goal here is without doubt my personal favourite, both crackers though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KxdTwXa23k

I defy anyone to come up with a volley better than that!

For it to be the most crucial goal of all time, it would probably have to be a winning goal, and also in a tournament more important than the FA cup.

If I was to ask 100 people what the most crucial goal of all time was, not one would name that goal, unless I was speaking to you.

Well it kept his team in the cup final, and his team went on to win the cup final and if it wasn't for that goal Liverpool would not have won the cup. Only the World Cup and Champions League beat the FA Cup and I can't think of any dramatic yet amazing strike of a football that would beat Gerrard's there.

Could you name a more crucial goal with a strike as good as that ?

Could you name a more crucial goal with a strike as good as that ?

My argument was that it wasn't the most crucial goal of all time. Not that it wasn't a good goal. It was a good goal. A great goal in fact.

Bollocks, I went right through hoping no-one would've posted Weahs goal! One of the few times I ever got excited watching Italian football.

The Liverpool goal here is without doubt my personal favourite, both crackers though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KxdTwXa23k

I defy anyone to come up with a volley better than that!

Pretty similar but I'd say this is equally as good.

I understand that but could you name a more crucial goal?
Pretty similar but I'd say this is equally as good.

Barcelona's goal in that same match to take them to the CL Final?

I understand that but could you name a more crucial goal?

Trezeguet's golden goal to win Euro 2000 for starters. Anyway, I love this goal from Rivaldo too, last minute of the season for a hat trick and to secure Barca a Champions League spot:

Trezeguet's golden goal to win Euro 2000 for starters. Anyway, I love this goal from Rivaldo too, last minute of the season for a hat trick and to secure Barca a Champions League spot:

The Trezeguet goal in Euro 2000 also came instantly to mind.

I'd also argue that pretty much any goal which causes a team's advance in any continental club cup or international championship could be considered more crucial than that Gerrard goal in the FA cup final.

Must admit that takes some beating, what a fuckin goal.

Forgot to add Riera's goal against Rangers at Ibrox. What a screamer that was if any Falkirk fan remembers it?

It was an absolute screamer, but this is the best Falkirk goal I've ever seen, alongside the same man's goal against Hearts in the cup semi:

I hate to say it but I've been proven wrong as that goal is sublime. What technique aswell. Superb

Barcelona's goal in that same match to take them to the CL Final?

A hell of a goal it was too...

Helped Barca become the first Spanish club and only the fifth club in Europe to complete a Treble of league, cup and European Cup/Champions League.

Now that is crucial.

Archived