Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I'll give you both, in an egg form. You can just trade shites, cause I'm a nice guy.

Also, earlier got a Reshiram for a Treeko! Whatta dick that guy was, pretty sure it's not hacked.

Smashing! My friend code is 4126 4897 5708. :D

Edit: if someone really wants a Treeko I'd have thought they'd need to have it in their Pokedex as seen before they could request it. Seems a very odd trade to make.

Edited by Ad Lib

Smashing! My friend code is 4126 4897 5708. :D

Edit: if someone really wants a Treeko I'd have thought they'd need to have it in their Pokedex as seen before they could request it. Seems a very odd trade to make.

Nah, it was on a board so he just posted he wanted it.

I'll need a couple of minutes to breed, also as a bonus, I'm breeding with a Japanese ditto so you've got a better chance of a shiny biggrin.gif

Nah, it was on a board so he just posted he wanted it.

I'll need a couple of minutes to breed, also as a bonus, I'm breeding with a Japanese ditto so you've got a better chance of a shiny biggrin.gif

:D cheers. I only just got a Ditto today. Wild Pokemon over level 60 are cracking for a quick-level-up.

Edit... I've forgotten how much the Masuda method changes the shiny probability... how much is it again? Normal chances are something like 1/8100 ish.

Edited by Ad Lib

:D cheers. I only just got a Ditto today. Wild Pokemon over level 60 are cracking for a quick-level-up.

Edit... I've forgotten how much the Masuda method changes the shiny probability... how much is it again? Normal chances are something like 1/8100 ish.

Think it's about 1 in 2000, it's probably binary so it'd be 2048(I think). Obviously it's still massive but reduces it to a quarter!

Think it's about 1 in 2000, it's probably binary so it'd be 2048(I think). Obviously it's still massive but reduces it to a quarter!

That sounds about right. The only Shiny Pokemon I've ever had outside of the Red Gyarados was a Blue Gastrodon shiny and a traded shiny Gengar and Ditto on my Pearl cartridge.

That sounds about right. The only Shiny Pokemon I've ever had outside of the Red Gyarados was a Blue Gastrodon shiny and a traded shiny Gengar and Ditto on my Pearl cartridge.

I've actually had quite a lot since White/Black came out. I've got shiny Hydreigon and Gliscor. I've had and traded Pansear, Joltik and Duskull.

Can someone explain the 'masuda method' to me?

Basically if you breed two Pokemon from different languages then it increased the chances of the resulting egg being shiny by 4, from 1 in 8100ish to just over 1 in 2000.

But it's not as simple as it being two different languages, cause some will be counted as the same in the game mechanics. Japanese and your game will work for the method, that's why Japanese dittos are sought after quite highly.

edit: I hope it works on this generation!

Edited by forehead7

No problem, gets me closer to a second master ball!

A what now?

I usually use Dusk Balls to catch rare Pokemon by playing at night. I save the Masterball for the very last one-of-a-kind I encounter. I might use it if there's a really hard to catch Shiny appearance.

Edit: the new Experience points mechanism is really a bit silly, especially with wild Pokemon in the high level 50s and low 60s. I managed to get that Oswahott up to level 20 and evolved just by giving it the Lucky Egg and defeating a wild Golduck.

Edited by Ad Lib

A what now?

I usually use Dusk Balls to catch rare Pokemon by playing at night. I save the Masterball for the very last one-of-a-kind I encounter. I might use it if there's a really hard to catch Shiny appearance.

Edit: the new Experience points mechanism is really a bit silly, especially with wild Pokemon in the high level 50s and low 60s. I managed to get that Oswahott up to level 20 and evolved just by giving it the Lucky Egg and defeating a wild Golduck.

There's a man in the upstairs of the the Poke Centre in Castelia City that gives you items depending on how many different players you've traded with. Once you reach a certain number(my mind is telling me 50) you get a master ball.

I don't mind it, it means that I can evolve some pokemon I get in trades easily since they'll be level 1. If you wait and get an Audino you can get like 17k exp from doing the lucky egg swap out.

There's a man in the upstairs of the the Poke Centre in Castelia City that gives you items depending on how many different players you've traded with. Once you reach a certain number(my mind is telling me 50) you get a master ball.

I don't mind it, it means that I can evolve some pokemon I get in trades easily since they'll be level 1. If you wait and get an Audino you can get like 17k exp from doing the lucky egg swap out.

Yeah I noticed that Audino gave a lot of experience points even early on.

I know how dissapppinting. Haven't played for a while, but currently just trying to get all of the ledgendaries via trade and get lv, 100 final starte evolved forms. Currenty I have lv. 50 charizard, venusaur, blastoise, typhlosion, feralogator, blaiziken, swampert, sceptile, infernape, empoleon, torttera, emboar, sarumott, serperior. So only need 1 more starter for me to manage a complete set.

Also on the ledgenadry front I have in my pokedex.

Zekrom, reshiram, thundurus, tornadus, landarus, the 3 fighting trio, so all so far from black.

Plus mewtwo, uxie, azelf, ho-oh, groudon, kyorge, razquelle. Sure there are others.

Oh and my only shiny is a gallade.

Edited by Widge