Irvine Meadow V Arbroath

stevenston saint

No seriously there isn't as I'm not from Paisley-If you had looked under my avatar on the left(which i'm sure you noticed) there is a little section that tells you that.You even used the laughing icon after your sentence that now doesn't even make sense and shows you up as a bit foolish.Think you should possibly think before you post in future although that's just an observation, you can choose if you want to take it on board or not.

My job gives me the opportunity of being a "sad f*ck" and visiting most towns on the East coast unfortunately and yes i really feel like a "sad f*ck" when I'm jetting off to Florida twice a year with the family. Lifes a bitch mate.

Cheers mate.

That's harsh :lol:

I like the Turf to be honest and as you know it's the closest pub to the ground so you never know what it will be like if Meadow win.

We will not take this game lightly and i am sure the management and players of Arbroath FC will know all the non Arbroath fans will want us to go out. The headline makers are waiting for the next upset, it will have to wait until the michtie Lichties get a big team in the next round ;)

This will be a hard game but i think the Lichties will shade it, may take a reply tho :huh:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there seriouslya guy from Paisley commenting on Arbroaths cleanliness :lol: not only that he has also been such a sad f**k he's been round every town on Scotlands east coast with a cloth and mr muscle seeing which is the dirtiest :lol:

Maybe his comments should have been more about how the diiddies of Arbroath will

be dumped out of the cup by a junior team, with a better quality of player. ;)

Wouldn't mind that. If we do get to the 4th round, we'd all know thats as far as were gonna get so might aswell go out to a big team. Would still prefer Celtic at their midden :D

if we manage to get through i wouldn't say that's as far as we'll get,after all we could be drawn against the winners of the following ties at home,whitehill v inverurie,edinburgh city v keith,deveronvale v ayr,spartans v forfar or wick v brechin. not one of them would fancy coming to meadow park if we'd put out arbroath in the previous round.

How would the Meadow fans feel about facing a team say at the top of the second or in the first?

They'll feel the same as we did - shite. Queens was the worst draw we could have got just about. Too far away and too professional. I saw your earlier post about Rose fans being cocky - don't think so. None of us expected a win but if you don't have hope as a supporter what would be the point in turning up (or posting on here).

Fwiw, there is a world of difference between Arbroath on your own patch and Queens at their place (given they finished top 4 in SFL1, beat Aberdeen and narrowly lost to the currants)!!

So Meadow have a chance. But it is slim. Arbroath will have more quality players and they are likely to be younger and fitter than the junior team. I think the senior team will win with a couple of goals to spare. The pitch won't level things out as it is excellent.

I think Talbot would have had a wee sniff at home but will struggle away. Again though, not inconceivable that they could produce a result.

Looking forward to this game very much like's. Be a decent day trip out and a new ground that ive never been before. No doubt Arbroath will defo be in for a game this saturday as Irvine are no mugs as they've beating Brora and Selkirk both away from home so we need to give Irvine all the respect they deserve. As if we dont they might play us off the park like the Spartans game a few years back as they do have some superb players and also a few who have played at SFL level. But dont think that will happen as we have a new manager in and heard we've been playing attacking football which is nice to hear. I do expect a tight game but hopefully we'll win 1-0 or 2-1 but dont think they'll be much between the two teams.

Sounds like Irvine Medda fans are unemployed St Murren and Ayr fans who prefer a cheaper alternative, back to the higher Division football when we pump you. :lol:

"Sound Like" :huh: Can't hear anything on this thread. The sounds you hear must be those annoying ones in your head. :wacko:

Is Brian McGinty still playing for you's?

Yes he is still playing with them but not sure how often he actually plays.

Are aw the St Mirren supporters coming down on Saturday to cheer us on?? :lol:

:lol:

I went to your quarter final last year against Pollok and that was a cracker of a game.

Saw the medda against Arthurlie recently and that was another good game. With the added factor of a few ex-saints in the squad, I'm hoping for a Lichties exit and a trip to Meadow Park in the next round!

Needless to say, I'm tempted to head down on saturday!

i may head to this

where is the ground i seriously cannot remember

im from barassie so your game is SIGNIFICANTLY nearer than deveronvale

plus i expect you lot at somerset in the next round so would be sum good scouting :P

i may head to this

where is the ground i seriously cannot remember

im from barassie so your game is SIGNIFICANTLY nearer than deveronvale

plus i expect you lot at somerset in the next round so would be sum good scouting :P

The ground is behind the now closed Golf Hotel,its first/second left after Quick Fit(behind the Turf) in the town and then look for the queues. :D

Edit Just noticed Stuboy's post

Those predicting a win for the XI might have forgotten to factor in one very important point. Namely that David Lowing plays for Irvine. As Ayr, Stirling Albion, Forfar and to a lesser extent St Mirren fans will testify he is without doubt the worst player ever to get a gig in the senior ranks. What makes it worse is that Ayr actually paid money for him. If he's not playing Irvine have more of a shout.

Archived