Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

At last the doctors have found out why I have been feeling crap for the last few weeks,I have pneumonia.

I had it a couple of months back, "walking" pneumonia is how they phrased it. It truly is a shiter, just stay in bed and take the anti biotics.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Personal statement?

Nah, last ever essay. To be fair I had to record some songs and some online-based stuff for it. Got the dissertation done last month, which was a massive weight off my shoulders.

Personal statement?

Nah, last ever essay. To be fair I had to record some songs and some online-based stuff for it. Got the dissertation done last month, which was a massive weight off my shoulders.

Sakes, you were born in 97 but you're doing advanced higher stuff, I feel old. :(

Just saw a mouse scurry across my living room floor.

Stuck a bit of cheese on a plate and put it on the floor.

He came out and just nibbled at it, looked at me then scurried away under the couch.

Think I've got a new pet.

He came out and just nibbled at it, looked at me then scurried away under the couch.

Kill the fucker!

Kill the fucker! 

Ach he's just a baby mouse.

Aye I'll set a trap in the morning. Don't want my gran having a heart attack when she sees it. :lol:

Do you live with your gran?

Aye with my grandparents.

As the landlords they have a responsibility to maintain the property, get the lazy fuckers to eradicate all the vermin from their property.

*hopes that SweeperDee is not really Stuart Little*

As the landlords they have a responsibility to maintain the property, get the lazy fuckers to eradicate all the vermin from their property.

*hopes that SweeperDee is not really Stuart Little*

My grandad is half blind and my gran isn't very mobile, plus they are both 78. I think I can forgive them :lol:

Sakes, you were born in 97 but you're doing advanced higher stuff, I feel old. :(

I wish I was that young! Actually, I don't because of the increasing amount of wean-touchers on the go now. I was born in 91, the 97 is a reference to us winning the Scottish Cup that year. But anyway, I'm now (hopefully) finished at uni for good.

On the subject of the mouse, buy one of these humane traps that just puts them in a wee box. Then start building your army in preparation for world domination...

Last week Renault finance phoned my wife and told her that as a valued customer that has had an excellent payment record would she like to upgrade our car.

She told them that we did not have a very good credit rating at the moment but they said that they were fine with that as we had never missed a payment to them during the previous 4 years with them.

When she said yes they were delighted and then they made an appointment with the local Renault dealer for her to arrange to get a new car. After a bit of haggling she agreed to buy a certain car and paid a deposit.

When she called back the next day the garage told her that finance had been refused. She called Renault finance to find out what the problem was only to be met with a wall of denial over any phone call or arrangement of an appointment at the garage.

Bunch of lying cnuts.

She got her deposit back no problem.

It looks like the finance company were just trying to get numbers in their books to make their figures look good.

I did that once. Really really painful and my foot got really swollen but was fine after a couple of weeks off the pitch.

This reminds me of primary school. It was one of those scorching summers, we were playing football at lunchtime and I was in goals. The reason for being the goalie is that I was (in fact, still am) pish at football and I had to take a goal kick. I thought I would impress everybody by punting the ball up the field as hard as I could but instead of making contact with it after a huge run-up, I booted my foot (in shitey plimsol gym shoes) off of the solid dry ground that hadn't seen rain for ages.

I was limping for a good couple of weeks and the serious blue/purple bruising was rather impressive. My mum obviously never thought it was serious enough for a trip to doctor but it really wouldn't surprise if I'd broken something which since healed.

It must have been hilarious to witness (for everyone but me of course). I know I'd have been in stitches anyway.

Eta: I had the shame of having to be carried off the field to the nurses office and I had to (genuinely) hop all the way to school the next day, which thanfully was just a couple of hundred metres or so up the road from the house. Could barely put weight on it for days.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Got told a riddle at work today (Fridays are always productive...):

I walk to school and meet 3 bullies on the way. One after the other, each takes half of my remaining lunch money then gives me £1 back. If I want to get to school with £2, how much should I leave the house with?

Got told a riddle at work today (Fridays are always productive...):

I walk to school and meet 3 bullies on the way. One after the other, each takes half of my remaining lunch money then gives me £1 back. If I want to get to school with £2, how much should I leave the house with?

Nothing. Say you have nothing to give them then pick on someone on the year below you and steal their money.

Either that or take the tenner your granny gave you - should cover a £2 lunch easily.