Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Have you looked at finance for a cheap motorcar?   

Your an adult and you're still using a child's toy for transportation.    Have you no shame?  

My trusty Skoda does just fine thank you.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Got a vespa style scooter in the garage but it's not road worthy.

Let me get this straight.  Financially you're able to afford a motorcar ( Skoda)  but you choose to pedal a pushbike?  

You are not making sense.  

After spending A$122m and probably a shit load more the result of the SSM plebiscite was announce this morning with 61.6% Yes and 38.4% No. 79.5% participation rate. Still has to pass through Parliament though. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/how-australia-voted-on-samesex-marriage/news-story/856052cb744b25f734d04c1714e202e7

After spending A$122m and probably a shit load more the result of the SSM plebiscite was announce this morning with 61.6% Yes and 38.4% No. 79.5% participation rate. Still has to pass through Parliament though. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/how-australia-voted-on-samesex-marriage/news-story/856052cb744b25f734d04c1714e202e7

What's the situation with all these parliamentarians having to step down because they've got an English grannie? Seems really odd but someone more informed than I said it could bring down the government.

What's the situation with all these parliamentarians having to step down because they've got an English grannie? Seems really odd but someone more informed than I said it could bring down the government.

Law is that you can't be an MP/Senator and be a dual citizen. Sounds ridiculous as it really doesn't affect anything but they were probably worried about spies or some shite.

Anyways, a fair percentage of them are now finding out that they hold citizenship of other countries due to their parents being born in those countries. And this has come as a shock to them because they didn't know this, apparently. Politicians in talking absolute bullshit shocker.

Oh and the Liberals (equivalent of the Torys) are currently in power but they had to form alliances with independents to form a majority. If anymore of them gave to resign then there might be an election. The daft thing is that they are renouncing their dual citizenship and then standing for re-election. Complete waste of time and money.

Law is that you can't be an MP/Senator and be a dual citizen. Sounds ridiculous as it really doesn't affect anything but they were probably worried about spies or some shite.

Anyways, a fair percentage of them are now finding out that they hold citizenship of other countries due to their parents being born in those countries. And this has come as a shock to them because they didn't know this, apparently. Politicians in talking absolute bullshit shocker.

Oh and the Liberals (equivalent of the Torys) are currently in power but they had to form alliances with independents to form a majority. If anymore of them gave to resign then there might be an election. The daft thing is that they are renouncing their dual citizenship and then standing for re-election. Complete waste of time and money.

Why don't they just change the dual citizenship law? If it's citizenship due to a parent it seems really odd. Or why don't the MPs just renounce their citizenship of whichever other country they inadvertently hold citizenship of?

Why don't they just change the dual citizenship law? If it's citizenship due to a parent it seems really odd. Or why don't the MPs just renounce their citizenship of whichever other country they inadvertently hold citizenship of?

Someone more erudite than I could probably explain better. Eednud looking at you. But my understanding is that technically they've broken the law so they are no longer eligible to hold the office and have to resign. Remember this is politics so common sense goes out the window

Someone more erudite than I could probably explain better. Eednud looking at you. But my understanding is that technically they've broken the law so they are no longer eligible to hold the office and have to resign. Remember this is politics so common sense goes out the window

It’s something to do with the way Section 44 of the Australian Constitution which apparently lists the reasons for disqualification from being a candidate at a Federal election, including dual citizenship. Remember the Constitution was drafted prior to Federation in 1901 when the majority of Australians (and New Zealanders and Canadians) were classed as British and probably issued UK passports. Think 1949 was when Australian citizenship was defined and Australian passports started to be issued. God knows why this has never surfaced before and it’s a totally fucking ridiculous situation and costing Swarley and me a few million more shitloads. We have a foreigner (the Queen) as Head of State. The judges of the High Court who handed down decisions on who is/isn’t a citizen only have to swear an oath of allegiance so can be dual nationals. State Parliaments do not have the same requirements. Some of the above is correct but could be meringue.

On 08/11/2017 at 10:57, Rugster said:

Work have decided to exchange my PC for a laptop, the migration is being done today. I can guarantee this is going to be a clusterfuck and will involve hours of no access to P & B and no doubt endless amounts of data and programs missing when the changeover is done.

Joy.

I fucking knew this was going to happen. After about 2 hours I can finally now send and receive emails, however no one internally is receiving anything from me because apparently I'm the only one on the new server. What's the fucking point of that? Also I have to restart outlook every 10 minutes to update my inbox for some reason. Calendar and appointments all disappeared and my phone is currently at about 60% due to all the background stuff going on updating the new email profile. Currently feel like that wee guy out of chewing the fat who smashes up his computer.

43 minutes ago, planbiffy said:

I'm off school because I'm ill and I am bored out of my skull, I would do anything to be in double maths right now.

Q1.

If @Melanius Mullarkey had a bag containing 17 deep fried mushrooms and 84 chips, how many seconds would it take him to post a picture of the foul concoction on P&B?

Q2. 

If @Senor Bairn was cornered on Halbeath Road by a couple of young Dunfermline rascals, how many milliseconds would it be before he offered up his phone and wallet in return for them not to hurt him?

Remember to show your workings. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Q1.

If @Melanius Mullarkey had a bag containing 17 deep fried mushrooms and 84 chips, how many seconds would it take him to post a picture of the foul concoction on P&B?

Q2. 

If @Senor Bairn was cornered on Halbeath Road by a couple of young Dunfermline rascals, how many milliseconds would it be before he offered up his phone and wallet in return for them not to hurt him?

Remember to show your workings. 

to be honest with you:

1) that's now called life skills maths and I'm doing higher so if you want a graph drawn I can do that but I'm guessing around 20 seconds, might be a bit slower though if he has greasy fingers/ is shaking from excitement

2) I'm 90% sure that literally anyone could take on a couple of dunfermline rascals now-a-days as they are literally less scary than the current government. It takes a special kind of breed to sh*t it at the dyt, falkirk fans are like that though so I'm saying >2