Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Guest The Phoenix

My British essay on whether 'Britain was a democracy by 1918 or not' was what I done for my extended response, so that was ideal. My German essay was on 'Nazi State' which was my strongest German essay so, you know, yaldy!

6 days off now until English.

Only 6 days?

Better get your head down.

Finished my first year of my uni course with my politics of the welfare state exam. The amount of buckled lefties with no concept of money and Sob Stories almost turned me into Reynard

Edited by Sloop John B

Paper 2 on Scottish Wars of Independence was fine, but one of the 10 markers was on Bruce; a topic I hadn't revised as well as the rest. Although, I think I may have got about 7/10, which is good because I think the rest of the paper was perfect.

That Bruce question was a b*****d. I ended up just putting in vague points which may or may not have been true for the last couple of recall bits. The other 3 were pretty good though.

Put pen to paper on my postgraduate dissertation today. 20words down, 19,980 to go.

Also, it's my 23rd birthday tomorrow.

I think you should post your dissertation title so we can all contribute with our knowledge on the subject.

Consider it a birthday present to yourself. :thumsup2

Put pen to paper on my postgraduate dissertation today. 20words down, 19,980 to go.

I think you should post your dissertation title so we can all contribute with our knowledge on the subject.

Consider it a birthday present to yourself.   :thumsup2

I doubt he could reference Pie and Bovril to be honest. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Consider it a birthday present to yourself. :thumsup2

You asked for it....

"London 2012 was an opportunity for the UK government, police and international security companies to trial new technologies aimed at addressing existing social problems in London (which became evident after the riots in 2011). With the World Cup and 2014 Olympics fast approaching, what new technologies can we expect to address Brazils social problems? And how might they be applied to control future civil unrest worldwide"

That's the sub-heading, the title will be something much shorter and interesting such as "Real Life Robocops"

It's all about facial recognition technology and the suchlike. Fire away with your contributions......

You asked for it....

"London 2012 was an opportunity for the UK government, police and international security companies to trial new technologies aimed at addressing existing social problems in London (which became evident after the riots in 2011). With the World Cup and 2014 Olympics fast approaching, what new technologies can we expect to address Brazils social problems? And how might they be applied to control future civil unrest worldwide"

That's the sub-heading, the title will be something much shorter and interesting such as "Real Life Robocops"

It's all about facial recognition technology and the suchlike. Fire away with your contributions......

Needs vampires IMO.

You asked for it....

He said facial!

Guest honestrae95

Just work very hard on the Close Reading paper of the Higher English exam and you can easily get an A. Even if you can only get 13s/15s in your essays, close reading can drastically increase your grade.

Edited by honestrae95

Just work very hard on the Close Reading paper of the Higher English exam and you can easily get an A. Even if you can only get 13s/15s in your essays, close reading can drastically increase your grade.

I'm aiming for a B at least and was told by my teacher my coursework was comfortably of Higher standard. Also, I got 75% in the close reading in my prelim, so I think I should be fine.

I'm aiming for a B at least and was told by my teacher my coursework was comfortably of Higher standard. Also, I got 75% in the close reading in my prelim, so I think I should be fine. 

95% in my close reading and 25's in my essays.

Or was it out of 20? I can't remember. English truly is simple.

25 could be for advanced higher, I can't remember.

Guest honestrae95

95% in my close reading and 25's in my essays.

Or was it out of 20? I can't remember. English truly is simple.

25 could be for advanced higher, I can't remember.

Aye, Higher essays are out of 25. English is easy for some, hard for others. I personally found English pretty simple and the whole 'you have to read lots of books to get an A' a load of rubbish. Reading newspapers does help though.

I got two 17s in my essays and 43 out of 50 in the close reading.

Patched Advanced English though, didnt need it for my conditional to do Law at Glasgow.

Edited by honestrae95