Procycling thread

myshkin

Both him & Nibali came in 9.13 down on the winner.

Suddenly realisng he's yesterdays man.

Targetting the ITT @ the WC's,though he's no chance if Cancellara & Martin ride it, I believe Froome's targetting the road race? Must be quite lumpy.

I'd have thought being "professional" would have seen both Wiggins & Nibali treating this race with a bit more courtesy that finishing the 2nd stage 15.40 & 23.44 down on Riblon respectively.

Sir Wiggo is 23.22 down on yellow, Nibbles 31.26. Fair enough, they shouldn't be expected to be on top form every race, but they'd have beenjust as well as not turning up. Their DS's should be nailing them about it.

They need to get their act together, it's called behaving like the superstars they purport to be,

OPQS sign Uran & Renshaw for next season, whilst Petaachi comes out of retirement to lead out for Cav. Fall out from the tour? Can only take it he was beelin with the setup & Steegmans performance.

OPQS sign Uran & Renshaw for next season, whilst Petaachi comes out of retirement to lead out for Cav. Fall out from the tour? Can only take it he was beelin with the setup & Steegmans performance.

Team worked hard enough for him just died to near the end. With renshaw back with him that'll help

well fan for life, on 01 Aug 2013 - 20:35, said:The lead out was brilliant until 1km to go. Then it just fell to pieces.

After Chavanel & Martin they had nowt.
Saying that, that summed upbtheir tour pretty much, but Cav should have known to be on Kittels wheel.

well fan for life, on 01 Aug 2013 - 20:35, said:The lead out was brilliant until 1km to go. Then it just fell to pieces.

After Chavanel & Martin they had nowt.

Saying that, that summed upbtheir tour pretty much, but Cav should have known to be on Kittels wheel.

Chavanel & Martin are superb in a lead out. They've got the power to nullify any chance of last ditch attack. Steegmans isn't a lead out man. He's either in a slipstream, or riding at absolutely full pelt. He's not got the brain of a lead out man. I think keeping Steegmans in the train in the same role the Matt Goss had at HTC is the right idea. Goss/Steegmans to effectively do a full sprint at 750-ish to go, then Mark Renshaw to pull Cav into the best position. Basically what OPQS need to do is to replicate what HTC did for years.

For the foreseeable future I reckon it's a straight up fight between Kittel, Greipel and Cavendish for sprints. There's not a lot between them now.

Good to see Rigoberto Uran getting a chance to be a team leader in his own right. I like Sky, but Uran really deserved to get more of a shot at GC wins. I reckon he'll take a Grand Tour in the next few years. Him and Nairo Quintana will boss the climbs for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching La Vuelta & Chris Horner must be pissed off.

Stage three the commissares ruled there was no time gap evident to penalise Nibbles. Yesterday, Horner was hit for 6 secs wi a lesser gap in the pelaton.

That was some performance by Tony Martin in La Vuelta yesterday, away on his own from 3km and caught within a few metres of the line.

Absolutely gutted for him. Ended up roaring at the telly, willing him on. 176km breakaway & only caught 10m from the line. Chapeaux!

Looks like Wiggo & Spartacus will be chasing the minor medals @ the Worlds ITT in Florence.

Edited by kiddy