Procycling thread

myshkin

T_S_A_R, on 02 Sept 2013 - 20:41, said:chris horner leading the vuelta at 42 years old
another victory for the new clean era.

It was the way he just rode away from, arguably, one of the two form men of the year (Nibali), two previous banned riders & the race form rider, in Roche. All at the grand age of 42.
Chapeux to the former team mate of Lance, in finally appearing from behind his shadow. Especially as he's shown no form for a good couple of years

Edited by kiddy

Horner continues to astound. As Basso & LL Sanchez both sucomb to hypothermia, he's taking the fight to a two time GT winner, who has previous for winning them in adverse conditions.

Horner himself? We'll I don't think he's much of a GT record, or form, coming into the Vuelta for a guy of 42.

Horner looking a bit more human today. Suspect it's Nibali v Valverde for the Vuelta title now and Roche will fall away.

Cancellara v Martin set to be a hell of a battle in the world ITT.

I don't think Wiggins can be overlooked that easily. Cancellara hammered Martin the other day, but only a couple of weeks ago Wiggins destroyed Cancellara. I don't think there's a lot in it between the 3.

Desert Nomad, on 04 Sept 2013 - 17:11, said:Horner looking a bit more human today. Suspect it's Nibali v Valverde for the Vuelta title now and Roche will fall away.

Still human? That's twice he's ridden Nibbles off the wheel.

Desert Nomad, on 04 Sept 2013 - 17:11, said:Horner looking a bit more human today. Suspect it's Nibali v Valverde for the Vuelta title now and Roche will fall away.

Still human? That's twice he's ridden Nibbles off the wheel.

You obviously didn't read my post two above yours eh?

I did, but I thought I'd just bring up the human quote again.

It's within the realms of possibility he could have a decent spell within the Vuelta, staying at the top over three weeks though is pretty ridiculous, given the quality of the guys he's up against.

If you think I'm some sort of defendant of Horner you've not been much attention throughout this thread for the last few years.