Procycling thread

myshkin

Looks like Froome's going to have a crack at the Vuelta, could be interesting. Are any of the other big names confirmed for this yet?

I predict Froome will turn up way off the pace claiming fatigue after the tour and olympics thus confirming his clean status.

Didn't expect that, I had thought Orica Greenedge  (as I can't stop calling them) or BMC would have taken it. Interesting stage today too with several attacks failing in the final few kms before 2 crashes in the final stages before the bunch sprint. Looking forward to the first mountain stage and the possibility of an early Bertie attack.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That final climb, though. Jesus. Some of the riders would have been quicker walking it. Fernandez made a chunt of it thinking he'd won the stage but saved his blushes by taking the jersey.

When they went up it in 2012, there was a fair amount had to get off & walk, when they came to a standstill at a corner.

2 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Sprint finish + narrow bendy roads = chaos.

Few riders hit the deck, kruijswijk looks to be out of the race.

Noticed Valverde & Quintana picked up a few seconds on Froome.

Dont know how they'll sort out the GC, as the crashes happened in the last 3km's.

*Gave everyone the same time on la vuelta's site.

Edited by kiddy
update

Kruijswijk abandons, unguarded pole/bollard took him out apparently, got to feel for the bloke, had the giro in his hands and crashed into the snow on a summit and now ends his season with a nasty injury.

On 24/08/2016 at 19:12, kiddy said:

Noticed Valverde & Quintana picked up a few seconds on Froome.

Dont know how they'll sort out the GC, as the crashes happened in the last 3km's.

*Gave everyone the same time on la vuelta's site.

I thought Froome actually finished ahead of the others? Before the times were neutralised I mean. Good that the organisers have apologised for the bollard being in the road but it's no consolation for the guy who has had to abandon. 

More great racing today, it's always interesting in the Vuelta when the breakaway has a chance and there have been plenty of great efforts already in this race. Quite surprised there was a big effort from Movistar to get the stage win though when they have Valverde and Quintana going for the GC win. In the end it didn't work and a great attack from Yates saw him take advantage.