Best Android Apps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I updated to 2.2, I'm unable to download apps from AppBrain using my PC.

Anyone else have this problem?

I can download them from the AppBrain app on my phone though. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best football latest scores app? I have Soccer Livescore but that has gone downhill fast recently.

I use that and thought it was O.K but did notice the skipping of L2 in England yesterday despite having the blue square leagues scores.

My SE X10 mini pro arrives on Thursday and to save me trying and discarding browsers etc, whats the best to use for viewing P&B that will allow posting? I've been a bit behind in mobile phone technology over the years preferring to take discounts on line rental as opposed to upgrades. The X10 is only running android 1.6 at the moment with an upgrade to 2.1 scheduled soon. Cheers in advance all you geeky tech guys (I love gadgets) :D

My SE X10 mini pro arrives on Thursday and to save me trying and discarding browsers etc, whats the best to use for viewing P&B that will allow posting? I've been a bit behind in mobile phone technology over the years preferring to take discounts on line rental as opposed to upgrades. The X10 is only running android 1.6 at the moment with an upgrade to 2.1 scheduled soon. Cheers in advance all you geeky tech guys (I love gadgets) :D

Usually, the stock Android browser that comes with the phone is good enough. You could try the Firefox Alpha release - if you're brave enough! - and when you get the 2.1 upgrade you can try Opera.

Other than that, there arent really any stand out browsers that are significantly better than the default one, in my opinion anyway.

Usually, the stock Android browser that comes with the phone is good enough. You could try the Firefox Alpha release - if you're brave enough! - and when you get the 2.1 upgrade you can try Opera.

Other than that, there arent really any stand out browsers that are significantly better than the default one, in my opinion anyway.

Thanks very much for that, I'll no doubt be back on looking for more info come Thursday!

Thanks very much for that, I'll no doubt be back on looking for more info come Thursday!

No probs. Just have a look through this thread and you'll find lots of what you need. My one bit of advice would be to install App Brain and the Fast Web Installer, then you can browse and install apps from your PC.

Two from me today.

I like the look of Tasker Does what things like Locale do, but at a fraction of the price.

And, Kindle. Turn your Android device into a Kindle reader. Works well, the book I bought appeared on my phone almost instantly, and you can change the font size etc to suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Having had tasker and Kindle for a while, I can confirm they are both great :)

Another one from me today.

RadioTime - Stream live radio to your phone, including the BBC stations. I tried Radio 1 and Radio Scotland and both worked fine :) Also, has a nice little feature that uses your location to tell you what local stations are available in that area. Costs $1.99 but worth it if you want radio on the go

anyone know if any apps to change the display on the phonebook, il clarify a little. at the moment it shows 2nd name then first name, the problem with this is that i have alot of entries for 2nd mobile numbers ie paul mobile 2 etc and it goes with the 2 first.

looking for something that will hopefully look more like my original display firstname/surname

anyone know if any apps to change the display on the phonebook, il clarify a little. at the moment it shows 2nd name then first name, the problem with this is that i have alot of entries for 2nd mobile numbers ie paul mobile 2 etc and it goes with the 2 first.

looking for something that will hopefully look more like my original display firstname/surname

Can you not change the sort order in the normal phonebook?

Is there any way of turning off the vibrating feedback when you select a letter when using TouchPal/Android Keyboard? I've turned off everything to do with feedback in Settings but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

On my HTC Desire (Android 2.1) its: Settings>Language and Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input>Vibrate when Typing.

Archived