Scottish Football Fans Brought Joy And Hapiness

Guest MacMirza

Guest MacMirza

Tired but very proud, I am glad to let you know that Scottish football fans made many kids happy tonight in Sarajevo. Thank you!

A wee report and a photo story is just a click away now at scotlandia.com and I would appreciate if you leave your comments there as well.

Thanks to everyone who was involved with the Appeal in any way. I will post a complete list on the web in the next few days.

Special mention goes to the kids with special needs from the The Christine Witcutt day-care centre, funded by Edinburgh Direct Aid. Please visit their web site for more information.

Awrabest! ;)

DSCF0005xx.jpgDSCF0045xx.jpgDSCF0061xx.jpg

Guest MacMirza

Credit where credit is due, Bill Austin and William Wallace Tartan Army deserves special mention for using his Territorial Army membership/contacts with 52 Lowland Regiment and as a season ticket holder at Kilmarnock FC.

Bill organised the TA centres in Glasgow and Edinburgh and used his own October Leave and money to scurry around Scotland including a trip up to Perth to pick up wee Johns 500 strips, coordinate with Kilmarnock Football Club to pick up their 300 strips and work with the TA to package 12 packing cases at the cost of some bottles of whisky. Bill then organised the logistics of getting those 12 boxes from Glasgow out to Sarajevo at no cost to Bubamara or WWTA.

A truly spectacular effort by Bill, his army mates, Anne Clark at Kilmarnock FC and everyone who contributed the strips.

Fantastic work Mirza ma man. Took good pleasure in meeting you before mate in Norway and a cannae mind where :lol: (I post as Richiefaescotland on the TAMB). All the best with your work in Bosnia and have a nice new year!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MacMirza

Nearer the date for the match in Slovenia, we can think about that. If I am coming (I hope so), I might be able to take some and give them to Bubamara kids in Sarajevo.

Cheers

Archived