The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Quick question that didnt deserve its own thread. Im going to see RHCP on saturday at the SECC and I selected collect tickets from SECC box office ( Instead of the outrageous 7 pound postage). Now, can I collect the tickets before Saturday? Want to pop in on Tuesday to save pesky queing on the night.

Any help would be well appreciated never box office collected before.

Motorhead - I know God's real name and it Lemmy also my glasses broke , got beer poured over me and later finished up I was sick then 20 minutes later it happened after drink five pints and am still feeling the effects but it was worth it :D

Motorhead - I know God's real name and it Lemmy also my glasses broke , got beer poured over me and later finished up I was sick then 20 minutes later it happened after drink five pints and am still feeling the effects but it was worth it :D

4 fucking 10 a pint in that Academy now! I was nearly sick with the price, nevermind the horrible tasting beer.

To add to the above comments re the Academy - the experience in general is normally crap.

Poor drink prices

Poor sound in comparison to the Barras and ABC

Inadequate walkways/stairs - my pet hate is when people stand on the stairs then get upset about being jostled.

Inadequate toilets

Appalling stewards

And that fucking annoying thing where empty glasses are piled up at the bottom of the sets of stairs in the lower floor level.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/111012a.shtml

Van Halen Cancel European tour including a date at download before it was even confirmed.

Im glad they arent playing download im not a huge fan. Plus im still holding out for Machinehead, Rammstein and Sabbath......

Mr Copping has a lot of making up to do after last years let down. Cant see Machinehead headlining, although that would still be more well received than Def Leppard and Linkin Park last year.

I'm hoping for Pearl Jam and Rammstein in there somewhere.

http://www.efestival...1/111012a.shtml

Van Halen Cancel European tour including a date at download before it was even confirmed.

Im glad they arent playing download im not a huge fan. Plus im still holding out for Machinehead, Rammstein and Sabbath......

Good, don't see the hype on Van Halen at all.

Machine Head, Metallica and Maiden would be enough to get me to jizz myself ph34r.gif Metallica haven't played Download in fucking ages(I know they had an exclusive contract with Sonisphere for UK, anyone know when that ends?) It's been a while for Maiden, with it being the 10th anniversary maybe they'll rekindle their love for Donington.

Even if it was just Machine Head and Maiden then it'd probably be enough for me. There'd need to be a good undercard though. It wasn't just the headliners this year just gone that was the problem. The whole lineup was poor and it included too many bands that I'd seen in 09 and 10 at Download. Not gonna look it up but I seem to remember out of the bands who I'd have paid to see in Glasgow who were there, System were the only one I hadn't seen within the past two years.

Metallica and Lou Reed are apparenltly on Jools Holland tonight. Will likely tune in for table related hilarity.

:(

On now. Thanks for the memories lads. They managed to come back from St Anger with Death Magnetic, but I fear that if they are to come back from this, their next album will have to come with a free car.

Im sure some people will buy this pish, some folk might even like it. Personally...i'd rather have the actual table.

:(

Edited by Al B

Just watched their performance online, oh dear God. Seriously, what the f**k were Metallica thinking? The cover version was ok, but 'Iced Honey' was dreadful. I've only heard that song and the one with "I am the table" which I can't remember what it's called thankfully, but those two songs make St. Anger sound like one of the best albums ever.

They (Metallica) are meant to have a new album out in 2013 - so they have a lot to make up for.