The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Saw them support Trivium back in 2007 and they were awesome (as were the other support bands Annihilator and Sanctity). Would have gone to see them if there was a Glasgow gig.

Was that at the 02/Carling? (can't remember what it was called then) Sure i went to that one but the memory is a bit hazy these days.

http://www.metalhamm...ates-confirmed/

Nothing further north then Sheffield. f**k :(

I share your disapointment but with the band Ensiferum

Playing Nottingham, Birmingham and London :(

Saw them along with Amon Amarth last year when Children of Bodom headlined the gig and both bands were excellent. Im disapointed they're not coming back up.

Listened to the swedish version rather than the english one. Its alright, much prefered the first song they released.

EDIT: also Luca Turelli's Rhapsody released the first video from their upcoming album " Dark Fate of Atlantis"

Do fucking want, thought it was awsome, love the vocalist. Sounds more like old school Rhapsody

Edited by DavieCFC

There was a rumour about a month ago that they'd be playing the Garage on June 22nd, which is still free. Hoping the announcement of that has just been delayed for some reason, really want to see them again.

Does appear to be plenty of claims of a Glasgow date but nothing confirmed. I saw them support In Flames in 2008 and I had just started listening to them. I'd love to see them do a headlining show. Fingers crossed.

Listened to the swedish version rather than the english one. Its alright, much prefered the first song they released.

EDIT: also Luca Turelli's Rhapsody released the first video from their upcoming album " Dark Fate of Atlantis"

Do fucking want, thought it was awsome, love the vocalist. Sounds more like old school Rhapsody

Classic, wasn't that sure how it would work out but thats worth buying.

Saw this on a friends facebook, perfect song for singing along with while drunk.

remember first hearing that song years ago when i started first checking out folk metal, stumbled apon them along with the likes of Svartsot, Vintersorg, Equilibrium, Korpilikani (sp?) but these guys were easily pick of the bunch (not sure if ive posted this before):

Saw turisas support Lordi at the 02 and saw them play in the Cathouse a few years ago. Great fun and a sore neck the next morning.

Saw the support Dragonforce not long after Ultra Beatdown came out and they were fantastic.

Was meant to go see them last year but they changed the date for a tuesday to a thursday and it ended up clashing with Celtic's home game against Rennes (although because of the date change you could get your money back if you couldnt make it so it wasnt all bad). Went to see Manowar on that tuesday instead.

I felt there was a more serious approach to their latest album rather than continuing with the novalty/fun act (like the viking/folk version of Alestorm) and it thought it was pretty damn good, unlike Alestorm's which baring a coupla tracks, was quite weak.

Love Ensiferum too (especially when Jari Mäenpää was vocalist)

Also i knew "Happy Little Boozer", would be the Korpilikani song that would get posted :P, sounds like it would be a blast to hear live

Also i knew "Happy Little Boozer", would be the Korpilikani song that would get posted :P, sounds like it would be a blast to hear live

Aye, it's great fun. Helped that when I saw them it was the middle of the afternoon in the sun at Bloodstock right enough, performing to a few thousand pished people doing some bizarre conga/pit hybrid made the atmosphere very good.

They also used the second stage as a karaoke tent at night at Bloodstock, I wandered over there for a bit and it was mainly people doing your usual rock karaoke efforts, Final Countdown, Livin' on a Prayer, etc, then a guy got up and did Happy Little Boozer. Place went mental. laugh.gif

Aye, it's great fun. Helped that when I saw them it was the middle of the afternoon in the sun at Bloodstock right enough, performing to a few thousand pished people doing some bizarre conga/pit hybrid made the atmosphere very good.

:D

An excellent moment in what was otherwise quite a dull day. The only other highlight that day was Edguy's spectacular performance with Markus Grosskopf, easily the best festival performance I've ever seen