The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Anyone going to Damnation Fest in Leeds?!!? Pig Destroyer and Primordial are playing! Worth £27 alone!!!

Think I said a few pages back, that my pals and I started it back in 2005. You been before?

I've had to step down in the last year or two from organising it due to work commitments, but still usually play a part on the day - it falls on my birthday this year though so I've told them if anyone's looking for me I'll be in the pit :)

The Rotted in Elgin, that feels pretty random. I'd be tempted by this if I can sort out transport etc.

My mate puts on alot of gigs in Elgin, has a few connections and The Rotted dont cost that much to put on. They are playing with two Aberdeen bands, Bonesaw and Filthpact. £6 a ticket.

Think I said a few pages back, that my pals and I started it back in 2005. You been before?

I've had to step down in the last year or two from organising it due to work commitments, but still usually play a part on the day - it falls on my birthday this year though so I've told them if anyone's looking for me I'll be in the pit :)

Nah I've never been, but I'll most certainly be going this year! Can you introduce me to Pig Destroyer?! laugh.gif

Also, The Rotted are playing in Dundee if it's easier for transport for folk. Not trying to take crowds away from the Elgin gig, like.

Nah I've never been, but I'll most certainly be going this year! Can you introduce me to Pig Destroyer?! laugh.gif

Also, The Rotted are playing in Dundee if it's easier for transport for folk. Not trying to take crowds away from the Elgin gig, like.

There's a signing area. None of the details for it are sorted out until nearer October/November, but it's usually a good chunk of the bands if not all. Don't see any reason that Pig Destroyer wouldn't be at it at some point.

I knew they were Scottish but... :lol:

Fucking cracking tunes though, mate :thumsup2

Cheers man, I'll let you know when we get the full album up for free download. Hopefully we'll be playing gigs in the near future but we're all snowed under at work just now.

Might go and see Funeral for a Friend on Thursday night. I haven't heard a thing from them since I saw them support Maiden at the SECC in 2003 but work are sending me down to Reading for two nights tomorrow. They're playing a gig there and I'll have not much else to do as I'll be down on my own. I must admit I'm not a fan of theirs but it'll beat doing f**k all in a hotel by yourself.

Edited by NorthernLights

new Machine Head video for Darkness Within...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4x025YXPQ

First video I can think of that doesn't feature a performance based section. It will be censored beyond recognition by MTV, Kerrang et al, so a big decision by band and Roadrunner to make that the final edit.

Phil Demmel on a horse :lol:

think I am having a midlife crisis here, was in weedgieland hmv and camed away with Best of Girlschool and best of UFO, think Girlschool are a band you have to like in your late 30's as they are a female version of motorhead and are still babes today, UFO are and always will be immense the guitars of Michael Schenker (sp) made maiden look good. Also it has taken 30 odd years but Steve Harris from maiden is releasing a solo album last month, would I be right in assuming it will be an album full of epics that Bruse wouldnt sing. Either way Steve is still the best songwriting bassist ever

also ordered a new biker leather jacket with loads of fringes and tassles, 1980 never died lol