The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Iced Earth tonight, can't wait. Still another few hours of work to get through.

Im surprised there playing a venue as small as King tut's, id have thought they would be atleast playing somewhere like the garage.

Would have went if i wasnt working, but alas i cant :(

Although if the setlists are the same as the american tour dates, they werent going to play some of my favourite tracks anyway <_<

Iced Earth tonight, can't wait. Still another few hours of work to get through.

hah, I forgot all about that gig. Said i'd go to that with my mate who likes them...oh well.

Anyone seen the new JFAC video? A terrible band, and a video that is trying too hard to be controversial. This is NSFW...

Edit: f**k knows why I can't embed the official video rather than just the link, see how long the othervideo stays up for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PKRtzFcCw

Edited by Adrian84

Im surprised there playing a venue as small as King tut's, id have thought they would be atleast playing somewhere like the garage.

I guess the logic is that most of the fans will be either at or en route to Bloodstock. Not for me though, Iced earth are one of a whopping three groups I'd see at BOA laugh.gif.

I noticed the doors are 8pm tonight....is there a really late curfew or are Iced Earth planning a short set ( a sort of Bloodstock taster if you will), anyone know?

Would have went if i wasnt working, but alas i cant :(

Although if the setlists are the same as the american tour dates, they werent going to play some of my favourite tracks anyway <_<

Here's the set from Dublin on Tuesday if you want to know what you're missing. tongue.gif

Dystopia

Burning Times

Motivation of Man

Setian Massacre

Angels Holocaust

I Died for You

V

Pure Evil

Wolf

Anthem

Declaration Day

Days of Rage

Slave To The Dark

Watching Over Me

Melancholy

Damien

Iced Earth

Edit: It was actually Tuesday. Anyway, I'm heading off to convince my mate to choose this over Dio Disciples unlike the rest of my usual gig-going crowd. Fucking Iced Earth!

Edited by Dunning1874

Here's the set from Dublin on Tuesday if you want to know what you're missing. tongue.gif

Dystopia

Burning Times

Motivation of Man

Setian Massacre

Angels Holocaust

I Died for You

V

Pure Evil

Wolf

Anthem

Declaration Day

Days of Rage

Slave To The Dark

Watching Over Me

Melancholy

Damien

Iced Earth

Edit: It was actually Tuesday. Anyway, I'm heading off to convince my mate to choose this over Dio Disciples unlike the rest of my usual gig-going crowd. Fucking Iced Earth!

Yeah i thought it would be the same, no "Burnt Offerings", "Travel in Stygian" or "The Coming Curse" :(

It would be a slight understatement to say I enjoyed that. Fucking incredible, you could shut your eyes and Block would be Barlow for all the difference there is in the voice. When The Night Falls was a fantastic surprise having looked at their sets lately and not seen it, and as much as I'd have loved the songs Davie mentioned as well as Last December and The Hunter you never hear every song you want when you see a band the first time. Fantasic gig.

A show of two halves imo. Unsurprisingly, the pre-Ripper stuff was remarkably better than the new stuff.

The Ripper Owens and Barlow comeback albums were pish - it all sounds like poor rip-offs of the Something Wicked album - but I haven't heard Dystopia yet so last night was my first hearing. I won't be rushing out to buy it.

I've seen Iced Earth with Barlow, Ripper and Block now. Obviously Barlow is the man, but Block is very good and an exponentially better frontman than Ripper.

I'm glad they played so much older stuff. Angels Holocaust, I Died for You, Burning Times and Watching Over Me are some of my favourite Iced Earth tracks. If they had thrown in a couple of others like Violate, 1776 or anything off Burnt Offerings I could have overlooked the new pish and the poor mix ( the bass was way too loud and the lead guitar almost inaudible. It took about three songs to get the vocals into the mix as well )

A final note for ending the show early - why Mr. Schaffer, did you first claim illness for your frontman, then go on to say "We're stopping early because we have a more important show tomorrow"? If the first is true, fair enough. But when I saw Y&T two years ago and they were clearly all struggling with flu and had to end the show early they offered everyone present half price entry to their next Glasgow gig and half price on their new album at the merch booth. We got hee haw from Schaffer except a poor attempt at an apology. If it's the second then baws to you Schaffer, you arrogant dick.

Despite that, it was an enjoyable evening. Nothing will to Iced Earth's performance at BOA 08 but last night was significantly better than when I saw them with Ripper in 07

Edited by ThankCrunchie

Testament, the US thrash metal band announce November dates,

Garage, Glasgow, Tue November 27th 2012

£16 + Booking fee

:D fucking chuffed at the venue and the price.

Completely underappreciated band, who are absolutely fantastic live. Get your arse along to this guys.

DD_CC-New.jpg

Anyone going? I was at the Cannibal Corpse in Glasgow this year. We went for my mates birthday and ended up so smashed most of the gig is a blur, the only CC song I remember is 'The Time To Kill Is Now;.

DD_CC-New.jpg

Anyone going? I was at the Cannibal Corpse in Glasgow this year. We went for my mates birthday and ended up so smashed most of the gig is a blur, the only CC song I remember is 'The Time To Kill Is Now;.

DevilDriver are a not bad band but the rest I cant get into whatsoever.

DD_CC-New.jpg

Got my ticket a few weeks ago. Shame it isn't until next year! I've really got into DevilDriver recently and Cannibal Corpse are just Cannibal Corpse.

I've seen The Black Dahlia Murder live twice (both times at the Cathouse) and they were awesome.

I saw them at The Tunnels in Aberdeen earlier this year and they were decent enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Axewound- the supergroup featuring Matt Tuck and Liam Cormier- are playing King Tuts on October second, and have an album due out in October also.

Very exciting news also, is that Soulfly are playing in the Classic Grand on 5th of October, should be a crazy one

Edited by Zizou-5