The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

New Sabaton is awsome, probably their best album imo, i actually prefer the swedish edition to the english, i feel the swedish has a more natural sound to it (although this might be because i listed that that edition first) and unlike their other concept album the "Art of War" theres no vocal interludes or anything which is a plus.

best album of 2012 so far (although i still have alot of stuff to check out, but this Corteux Rex has set the bar reasonably high)

Maiden are currently doing a US tour. I won't spill the whole setlist in case they keep it more or less the same when they're back in Europe, but they're playing Afraid to Shoot Strangers. I will travel anywhere to see that played live. Honestly, if it's necessary I'll spend money on a fucking time machine to get to a gig they've played it at already if they never do it again. I'm ridiculously excited on the basis of this one song in the set. That riff is phenomenal.

Edited by Dunning1874

Maiden are currently doing a US tour. I won't spill the whole setlist in case they keep it more or less the same when they're back in Europe, but they're playing Afraid to Shoot Strangers. I will travel anywhere to see that played live. Honestly, if it's necessary I'll spend money on a fucking time machine to get to a gig they've played it at already if they never do it again. I'm ridiculously excited on the basis of this one song in the set. That riff is phenomenal.

Is there a Europe leg planned or are you just assuming?

As you all probably know Kerrang have got another Metallica tribute album out, with the black album being covered. Most of it is dreadful (Yashin doing Wherever I May Roam, fucking hell) but Evile's version of Through The Never is at least as good as the original for me, if not better.

As you all probably know Kerrang have got another Metallica tribute album out, with the black album being covered. Most of it is dreadful (Yashin doing Wherever I May Roam, fucking hell) but Evile's version of Through The Never is at least as good as the original for me, if not better.

Yashin *shudder*

Randy Blythe from Lamb of God has been arrested in prague as he apparantly had a fight with a fan outside a gig in 2010 and the fan later died due to the injurys he obtained in said fight. Obviously very serious situation and if found guilty could face serious Jail time.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2012/06/lamb_of_god_frontman_arrested.html

Randy Blythe from Lamb of God has been arrested in prague as he apparantly had a fight with a fan outside a gig in 2010 and the fan later died due to the injurys he obtained in said fight. Obviously very serious situation and if found guilty could face serious Jail time.

http://www.kerrang.c...n_arrested.html

I heard it was onstage tussle. Still though, heavy charges here. Bad times :( :(

It's still a bit sketchy but from what I read, fan jumps on stage, randy pins him to the floor and carries on singing (see image below), then pushes the guy off the stage and he landed with quite a thud. The rough translations from Czech sites seem to suggest that the guy died 2 weeks later - if true, it would surely make it difficult to pin on this incident?

Most surprised that we didn't hear anything about this incident until now.

1324931-img-lamb-of-god.jpg

Guy being thrown from stage:

A few minutes later the same guy tries to climb the barricade, and is pushed back by security (appearing to land on his head?):

Latest I see is that worst case is a 5-10yr prison sentence, however I can't see how they could pin this guys injuries on on Blythe.

Edited by Adrian84

Released on 20k bail ooooft.

It was reported as $200K - Randy's annual income.

However, there are now stories saying it is full of conditions such as not being released for next 10 days, having to stay in the country, providing a fixed address etc.

They've had 2 years to prepare the case against him but have yet to charge him? Sounds like he'll be back home in the next week.

Ever since what happened with Dime I don't think a performer can be blamed for reacting like that when they suddenly see someone onstage who isn't meant to be there.

Yeah, obviously it's a shame that the guy died but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the stage.

The fact it happened over two years ago make me think they're clutching at straws.