Is It Possible?

Flow

Not really sure what board to put this in, but here seems the most appropriate.

I have a large folder in work that contains about 750 or so .PDF files. All these files have to (at some stage) be re-named to take out and underscore "_" and be replaced with a hyphen "-" (Dam freedom of Information Act). Is it possible to do a Notepad Style 'Replace All' kinda thing rather than me right clicking on 'EVERY' file and making the desired changes?

Anybody know if that is possible?

*Fingers Crossed*

Cheers in advance

'Flow

Thanks, that gives me a glimmer of hope that it could be possible. :)

Anybody got a step by step procedure as to who to do it? I tried Edit>Select All> Rename but that didn't work....

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers

'Flow

Thanks, that gives me a glimmer of hope that it could be possible. :)

Anybody got a step by step procedure as to who to do it? I tried Edit>Select All> Rename but that didn't work....

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers

'Flow

I use the file manager program I have to run a file listing of the contents of the folder with the files I want to rename. This usually saves as a text file which I then open up in Excel.

Do you have such a thing (file manager program)? If you don't there's no point me going on as that's the only way I know how to do it. :huh:

Of course someone may know another way. :unsure:

Thanks so much for you're help mate...

I googled a programme that you highlight the files, and edit/change/replace as required. Just saved me a good couple of hours work :D

Happy Days indeed

'Flow

A guy I knew made a program called RenamerFairy, which I use for that purpose. Very quick and effective, and it can be integrated into Windows so you can just right click a file to access it. DL it if you wanna try that one as an alternative to what you're using:

http://www.olliholliday.co.uk/renamerfairy/

Archived