Help!

Just upgraded to XP and I'm having real problems installing printer drivers for my Epson Photo 890. I keep getting a message

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose "Close" to terminate the application.

Any of the techies out there got any suggestions on how I get round this? I'm feckin useless at this sort of thing.

Just upgraded to XP and I'm having real problems installing printer drivers for my Epson Photo 890. I keep getting a message

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose "Close" to terminate the application.

Any of the techies out there got any suggestions on how I get round this? I'm feckin useless at this sort of thing.

Have you downloaded the latest XP drivers from the Epson website ?

Click here choose Inkjet Printers, Photo 890 and Windows XP.

I know this sounds obvious but have you tried the Microsoft XP support forums? Not as entertaining as P&B but every time something breaks on XP that I can't fix (roughly twice a week), I post the problem on the relevant forum and someone ALWAYS knows how to fix it.

Archived