The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

As I've said before, I don't think Shadwell explains himself very well. Either that or he's making an early bid for the worst poster of the season title thingy that they have!

Your right m8 . People love taking things you say and twisting them. I said we can't wait 6-8 games for him to get up to speed. As a team we need to start on day one.He and the rest should be ready to go anyway after the league cup games and friendlies. If he's not doing it after a couple of games though we need to change it. Same with anyone else in the side. Houston kept faith with Baird far too long last season. 

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Someone at the club said to me earlier in the week that Thomson would train 24 hours a day if he could. He's a very intense, 100% committed sort of guy that pushes himself to the limit at every opportunity. I saw him fuming at himself a couple of times last week in Hungary when the forwards scored against him in training matches. He doesn't take kindly to getting beat.

Good lad indeed. Bloody good keeper too.

Saw him and his faither, first thing in the morning, training at Ochilview the other week.

I have rapidly come to the conclusion that Shadwell and ANEWHOPE would not be happy if we beat Barcelona 5-0 in the CL final and Harris scored a hat trick. [emoji16]

Woah! I like to moan & whinge but at least I'm consistent on what I moan about. I'm a single issue moaner. My gripe is with the manager and everything he says & everything he does! [emoji56]

Don't lump me in with Mr Shadwell, he has a scatter gun approach to his moaning, all over the place. Also you need people like us to balance out the gullible happy clapping in Houston we trust brigade that see no evil, hear no evil and post no evil, you know, those annoying fuckwits like you [emoji8]

As for this final...I bet you Harris should have scored 4 and what is the average crowd size for Barca anyway?

Woah! I like to moan & whinge but at least I'm consistent on what I moan about. I'm a single issue moaner. My gripe is with the manager and everything he says & everything he does! [emoji56]

Don't lump me in with Mr Shadwell, he has a scatter gun approach to his moaning, all over the place. Also you need people like us to balance out the gullible happy clapping in Houston we trust brigade that see no evil, hear no evil and post no evil, you know, those annoying fuckwits like you [emoji8]

As for this final...I bet you Harris should have scored 4 and what is the average crowd size for Barca anyway?

Yeah, that's right, anyone who supports the club and is willing to get behind the team is a happy clapping fuckwit (ta [emoji8]) , whilst miserable b*****ds like you who do everything and anything to destroy the confidence in the players and probably do enough to indirectly cost the clubs vital points as a result, is exactly what the club needs.

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Your right m8 . People love taking things you say and twisting them. I said we can't wait 6-8 games for him to get up to speed. As a team we need to start on day one.He and the rest should be ready to go anyway after the league cup games and friendlies. If he's not doing it after a couple of games though we need to change it. Same with anyone else in the side. Houston kept faith with Baird far too long last season. 

But I thought you said shitty friendlies were meaningless and nothing matters until the 5th of August ? Surely performing well in these games, up until this monumental date you keep banging on about, is a positive way to prepare the team to be ready and get up to speed ? Or is that just too logical and doesn't fit with your negative approach to pretty much everything ?

Yeah, that's right, anyone who supports the club and is willing to get behind the team is a happy clapping fuckwit (ta [emoji8]) , whilst miserable b*****ds like you who do everything and anything to destroy the confidence in the players and probably do enough to indirectly cost the clubs vital points as a result, is exactly what the club needs.

So posting concerns on a social media platform equates to 'indirectly' costing the club vital points?? It think you are stretching the sphere of influence this thread has.

As for doing everything & anything to destroy the confidence in the players I think you need to calm down. I moan like f**k on here and in my view with justification but on a match day I am very vocal in support of the team I've followed all my life. Moreover I take great pride in haranguing the opposition dugout in an attempt to drain their confidence, thereby gaining us vital points!

I however fully admit I have become a little personal to you directly and in the spirit of friendship I apologise. Please don't lump me in with Shadwell! Pretty please.

So posting concerns on a social media platform equates to 'indirectly' costing the club vital points?? It think you are stretching the sphere of influence this thread has.

As for doing everything & anything to destroy the confidence in the players I think you need to calm down. I moan like f**k on here and in my view with justification but on a match day I am very vocal in support of the team I've followed all my life. Moreover I take great pride in haranguing the opposition dugout in an attempt to drain their confidence, thereby gaining us vital points!

I however fully admit I have become a little personal to you directly and in the spirit of friendship I apologise. Please don't lump me in with Shadwell! Pretty please.

Ha, ha! Since you genuinely are concerned we'll let Shadwell keep his unique status for now.

Still think the doctor prescribed something though. [emoji6]

27 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

But I thought you said shitty friendlies were meaningless and nothing matters until the 5th of August ? Surely performing well in these games, up until this monumental date you keep banging on about, is a positive way to prepare the team to be ready and get up to speed ? Or is that just too logical and doesn't fit with your negative approach to pretty much everything ?

Pre season results and performances are meaningless but the game time should prepare the players for the big kick off on the 5th. It's no rocket science .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ha, ha! Since you genuinely are concerned we'll let Shadwell keep his unique status for now.

Still think the doctor prescribed something though. [emoji6]

Jokes on you...I had my fingers crossed...I still think you are a tit! [emoji847]

I'll meet you before the next one. Platform 1 Grahamston.

It was surreal last time I was in Falkirk and went to the station and Brockville was a supermarket. That's how long ago it has been since my last Falkirk home game.

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pre season results and performances are meaningless but the game time should prepare the players for the big kick off on the 5th. It's no rocket science .

Results are meaningless yes, but how are performances meaningless ? You are wanting the team and Harris to be prepared for the start of the league, if no one gave a shit and didn't bother putting in any effort then to me that is bad preperation. If players are putting in good performances and trying hard before the league starts then it shows they have commitment and are doing their best to be ready for the 5th and should deserve some credit, regardless of the opposition. This is what Harris seems to be doing so far. So instead of rebuking any positive comments that have been made for him, why not quietly wait and see if any of them are merited come the 5th of August ? It's not rocket science. I honestly hope you can understand this because its becoming extremely monotonous.

Roll on Saturday for pints and football.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Heard a wee rumour last night oor Craig has not enjoyed his short fling with Luton. Just come home son.

He obviously feels we are now beneath him otherwise he wouldn't be going to training camps with no guarantee...works both ways of course... someone offered 150k he would be gone.

He obviously feels we are now beneath him otherwise he wouldn't be going to training camps with no guarantee...works both ways of course... someone offered 150k he would be gone.

I don't think that's the case at all. He's gave us 6 years of great service & deserves a chance to see what's out there, he's out of contract remember.

If he signs the 2 year deal on the table, great. If he doesn't and moves on, best wishes to him but he'll never think FFC is beneath him.