Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Oh my god imagine banana's reaction if the moral of the story is that you need women in charge of the seven kingdoms and beyond to stop everyone getting wiped out by the white walkers.

Lord of the Rings "I am no man" style?

Came onto this thread to talk about the latest episode but got increasingly fucked off with it.

The other week when we did "one episode, one thread" it was brilliant - really insightful and interesting discussion which I enjoyed. Now the thread is full of utter book wankers trying to piss over anyone who just watches the programme. The thread is unreadable. p***ks.

Much as it's great seeing the Stark banners up again, the house itself looks pretty fucked. Jon isn't a Stark and would need a king to legitimise himself (not forthcoming). Sansa will presumably need to marry (I'm sure Baelish will be after that) so will no longer be a Stark.

That and they don't have an actual Stark army - Jon's forces were almost wiped out and Winterfell is held, militarily at least, by House Arryn

Rumour is he is a Stark but not Ned's son but the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) and Rhaegar Targaryan.

Came onto this thread to talk about the latest episode but got increasingly fucked off with it.

The other week when we did "one episode, one thread" it was brilliant - really insightful and interesting discussion which I enjoyed. Now the thread is full of utter book wankers trying to piss over anyone who just watches the programme. The thread is unreadable. p***ks.

Um... don't read it, then? 

There are literally only a few people even mentioning the books in the last few pages and everyone is talking about the current episode. What are you bringing to the thread that's so great, superstar? 

Rumour is he is a Stark but not Ned's son but the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) and Rhaegar Targaryan.

Aye I know but again it's dependent on that being found out and him being legitimised. As in, we don't know if his parents were married so he could still be a b*****d

Oh my word what a fucking episode exceptional !. That's why he's the best director my favourite episode along with hardhome, just scenes everywhere. That bit where it shows the close up of the battle jon fighting, wun wun battering a horse guys being speared and crushed just never wanted that episode to end :lol:

Had the fear that big tormund was getting his jotters at one point then he bit the guys throat out, thank f**k for that. Let's just hope the flirting between daenarys and yara leads somewhere.

That shot of Davos after he discovered the truth about Shireen might become a favourite of mine.

How did they film that battle? Jesus! Never seen anything like it in movies even. That shot from above of Snow getting buried, mirroring the overhead zoom out shot of Dany and the slaves from a few seasons back! Gonna have I watch this about another 3 times.

As far as battle tactics go, frustrating misuse of WunWun, cover him in armour and get him swinging a tree about ffs, be much more effective.

post-37521-0-03314300-1466490450_thumb.p

Edited by Christophe

He'd be a Targaryen then, surely?

In fact, surely he'd still be a b*st*rd? Jon Waters? Unless Rhaegar and Lyanna were wed covertly?

Edited by Nizzy

Did any giants die at Hardhome? If so the living are fucked

Wun Wun was the last of the giants.  The only other one was Mag the Mighty, or, to give him his full name, Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg, but he died in Season 4.

The more I think back, the more excellent bits I remember (and not just the battle itself). Jon attempting to explain tactics to to Tormund "It means they won't come at you from the side", "That's good". Tormund is brilliant.