Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Fisherman, on 02 Jun 2015 - 06:04, said:

Brilliant episode, didn't see that coming at all.

I'll be ragin if that giant gets killed. Bit confused why Jons boat was sitting there watchin for a bit, pretty sure i'd be rowing like f**k.

Like the rest of us, I think he was completely flabbergasted by the whole thing.

Ridiculously good episode, possibly one of the best individual episodes ever. It had absolutely everything you'd want in a Game of Thrones episode.

Nae tits :P

Jeezo, what a final 15 minutes that was. If the Red Wedding scene and the tracking scene from True Detective were able to breed and have a child, that scene last night was it.

CGbQfb2UQAEWGpT.jpg

Good synopsis by HBO there.

Hands up, who all thought Jon was for the chop when Sam said that he always comes back?

I was a mess for about 10 minutes after that finished. Absolutely phenomenal television.

I honestly thought that might have been it for him. Stunning episode. Though when that woman told her kids that she would see them soon, you had the feeling that something was up.

The Jon Snow sequence aside, everything I wanted to see occurred in that episode. Sansa is turning into an excellent character, and finding out about Bran and Rickon will only give her more hope and strength. The dynamic between her and Theon is excellent. Ramsay hopefully riding out to his death too.

We FINALLY get to see Arya turn into an assassin, hopefully, and the scenes between Tyrion and Dany were great as well.

These White Walkers need a pie in the face - I genuinely can't see that being the end storyline, it'll be all about who gains/retains the throne in Kings Landing - so we need the dragons to come and do their thing.

I'm excited about next week's episode already - there were a couple of duff episodes in the middle of this season, but the last 2 or 3 have been excellent, culminating in that monstersode last night. Traditionally, episode 9 is when all the shit goes down - god knows how they're topping that last episode.

No idea what they're doing for the e09 shenanigans this time around. Ramsey taking 20 good men to head off Stannis make me think it'll be more of an ambush/terrorist assault rather than getting a full on Battle of Winterfell so that looks out of the equation.

Book spoiler:

Night's Watch mutiny/stabbing of Jon Snow

is a possibility I suppose...can't wait either way!

Edited by Christophe

No idea what they're doing for the e09 shenanigans this time around. Ramsey taking 20 good men to head off Stannis make me think it'll be more of an ambush/terrorist assault rather than getting a full on Battle of Winterfell so that looks out of the equation.

Book spoiler:

Night's Watch mutiny/stabbing of Jon Snow

is a possibility I suppose...can't wait either way!

Book spoiler:

going by what I've read online, the theory is that it's Olly that stabs Jon & Jon comes back as Azor Ahai?

It's absolutely obvious Olly is going to do him, they couldn't have made it any clearer. Subtly isn't one of the shows strong points, perhaps understandable given how much they have to cram into a short time frame.

Book spoiler:

going by what I've read online, the theory is that it's Olly that stabs Jon & Jon comes back as Azor Ahai?

Does that perhaps give credence to the R+L = J side of things too? Fire and magic combined helped to create valaryian steal and that seems to be the most effective way of killing the others

Book spoiler:

A distinct possibility aye, definitely more to come with Snow/Melissandre giving the chats this season and she seems keen to ditch Stannis as a possibility as Azor Ahai for JS...there's been a couple of different proclamations as to who Azor Ahai is in the books which suggests red herring and Snow hasn't been one of them which makes me think he's more likely

It's absolutely obvious Olly is going to do him, they couldn't have made it any clearer. Subtly isn't one of the shows strong points, perhaps understandable given how much they have to cram into a short time frame.

Not so sure about that...it's be terribly telegraphed if so...I know they haven't been subtle but that's taking it to the extreme...Alliser and cronies more likely for me...despite the building of bridges attempt a few eps back, the beheading was probably a bit much for them to stomach

I'm going to get slated no doubt but while it was a very good episode, it seems like it's being very overrated by people to me especially compared to the Red Wedding and Ep 9 of series 4.

Can't just go slaying folk for the Red Wedding style lolz every season though, that was a one of a kind mental, mental scene and it would just become a parody of itself of they tried to top that year on year..thought that s05e08 was absolutely outstanding. T'riffic, t'riffic stuff Manish! Defo up there with Red Wedding for me in event tv terms.

Edited by Christophe

I'm going to get slated no doubt but while it was a very good episode, it seems like it's being very overrated by people to me especially compared to the Red Wedding and Ep 9 of series 4.

The Red Wedding will be remembered for that one massive scene, but this episode had loads of different facets to it that made it better overall. It had the massive climax, but the other bits and pieces with Tyrion/Dany, Sansa, Cersei and Arya made this a better episode overall IMO.

The Red Wedding, Joffrey's wedding, and Ned's execution will be remembered as great individual moments, but can't hold a candle to the general quality demonstrated last night.

The Red Wedding will be remembered for that one massive scene, but this episode had loads of different facets to it that made it better overall. It had the massive climax, but the other bits and pieces with Tyrion/Dany, Sansa, Cersei and Arya made this a better episode overall IMO.

The Red Wedding, Joffrey's wedding, and Ned's execution will be remembered as great individual moments, but can't hold a candle to the general quality demonstrated last night.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from (and I did really enjoy the episode) but until the final mental scenes I wasn't thinking it was one of the best TV episodes ever. Not by a long shot.