Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

A lot more going on this time around. Right away, we've been introduced into 7 or 8 different conflicting stories now. It was always going to be about where everyone has been left off, but there are already some very interesting things going on. You could say that the start as started at a hell of a pace this time around. The first season was something of a slow burner that gained momentum, established the big players and whatnot. Last night's starting episode exploded into play.

Joffrey is playing the sadistic little monster, making life for everyone around him hell. He still shows his cowardice however, you could see that when his mother slapped him.

Tyrion is, as ever brilliant. Still sympathetic to Sansa, bad ass walking into the small council, and still funny with his little one liners.

We also have Bran running Winterfell, showing wisdom beyond his years to keep things going strong with the long Winter approaching.

Jon Snow trying to understand the ways of the people North of the wall. The 'husband' arc was enough to see that. I just assumed that people stopped habiting North of the wall, you could argue that being so closed off from the rest of the mythical land, that we are only skimming the surface of the 'True North'. The mention of an even larger army in the 'North North' was almost undersold. Maybe they're trying to keep that at the slow burner speed that they use so effectively in when they introduce new storys into the plot.

Danerys may have her dragons, but we've seen early on from the quotes of her trusted aide, that they are still weak and still vulnerable until the dragons grow.

We still have Robb Stark winning so far against the Lannisters, but he knows that until they take the City, the War will never be won. I noticed that Jaime Lannister kept on referring to him as a boy. From what I've heard he is still only a teenager in the books at that stage. I guess I could kind of see why they made him a little bit older. We also get to see the grown Direwolves. The CGI didn't disappoint :D

Even Littlefinger gets a little taste of his own medicine from Cersei, reminding him that Knowledge is not everything. I get the feeling he has his own agenda still hidden from everyone so far and we'll see more of his devious ways this season now that we know what he is.

We see for the first time Dragonstone (out far East if I'm not mistaken), whom we meet Stannis, the elder brother of the previous King. I'm assuming because Ned told only him about the true heir, Ned was pushing for him one to be installed a King. He also has the Interesting Melisandre and Davos(the only guy I've recognised from Camelot so far). I see a lot of Ned Stark in Davos, mainly due to his loyalty to Stannis, almost the same way the Ned looked loyal to Robert.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story arc with Gendry(I really enjoyed his acting in the original Skins), the blacksmith b*****d of King Robert aheading North with Arya Stark. The most powerful scene however, was the slaughter of the b*****d sons that could challenge Joffrey for the throne. I'd be lying if I didn't feel a little bit sentimental over that, but that is when IMO, the show is at it's best. Powerful and shocking at the same time.

In conclusion, I may have got a bit carryed away here. It was a cracking opening episode. A lot more going on, much more fast paced already than the first season, and the potential? Oh the potential that this series has... :D

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Even Littlefinger gets a little taste of his own medicine from Cersei, reminding him that Knowledge is not everything. I get the feeling he has his own agenda still hidden from everyone so far and we'll see more of his devious ways this season now that we know what he is.

That was a great scene. Littlefinger is a scheming little c**t but anyone would be best not to f**k with him I think.

We see for the first time Dragonstone (out far East if I'm not mistaken),

It's just off the east coast of Westeros. Close to King's Landing.

Last season did start slowly and then ramped up the pace at the end. Same as the books really. But the second series (and book) just drops you straight into the action.

We still have Robb Stark winning so far against the Lannisters, but he knows that until they take the City, the War will never be won. I noticed that Jaime Lannister kept on referring to him as a boy. From what I've heard he is still only a teenager in the books at that stage. I guess I could kind of see why they made him a little bit older. We also get to see the grown Direwolves. The CGI didn't disappoint :D

Yeah, only fifteen at this point in the books.

Feels weird watching now I've read the books and I'm far beyond this point, but it's still brilliant.

Second episode is even better than the first. biggrin.gif

Having watched the 2nd episode

Salladhor Saan is my new favourite character! Hilarious stuff, and not just because he wants to do a Michael Fagan

Hope these early leaks don't affect the US ratings too much - it would be horrific if this was cancelled before its time.

That was a great scene. Littlefinger is a scheming little c**t but anyone would be best not to f**k with him I think.

It was, he looked like he was going to wet his pants after coming across so condescending. Well if the trailers are saying anything, I do recall Tryion asking someone in them to follow Cersei. Possible opportunity for a little revenge?

Cersei had something of a pleasing the audience side to her in this episode. Scares the shit of littlefinger and gives that we inbred a slap. Glorious, though it's the only time in the show that she'll ever be likable.

It's just off the east coast of Westeros. Close to King's Landing.

Last season did start slowly and then ramped up the pace at the end. Same as the books really. But the second series (and book) just drops you straight into the action.

Was it shown in the opening credits of the first season? I can't remember.

It really has, and yet I get the impression that we are still only seeing the beginnings of it all kicking off as the episode. Yet it still managed to retain a good level of keeping the audience in the loop to where everyone was, while at the same time going at a rather more frantic pace than we've seen so far.

Yeah, only fifteen at this point in the books.

Feels weird watching now I've read the books and I'm far beyond this point, but it's still brilliant.

Second episode is even better than the first. biggrin.gif

Yeah, my mate as read the books and he is trying his hardest to discuss it with me without ruining anything for me. He was saying that the night's watch didn't leave the wall until halfway through the second book. Also that somebody important got killed off rather early in it as well.

european HBO is broadcasting one week in advance though :P

CAN'T...RESIST...TEMPTATION.

Edited by the jambo-rocker