The Recent Match Videos Thread

Sauchie v Tayport - Second Half

25/02/2012

ACA Sports East Premier League

Played at Beechwood Park, Sauchie

Great to see Sauchie on board with videos now. Had a great day there to see them clinch the South title last season and it was a pleasure to film for them. The pitch looks like its taken a bit of a hammering lately (like ours). One thing I would I say, great video & production but I am not sure I would sit through watching YouTube highlights of over 30 minutes, and that was just the 2nd half. I found myself as a neutral (albeit with a soft spot), sadly, losing interest after that length of time. Sorry about that. :(

But great production and keep up the good work! :)

Great to see Sauchie on board with videos now. Had a great day there to see them clinch the South title last season and it was a pleasure to film for them. The pitch looks like its taken a bit of a hammering lately (like ours). One thing I would I say, great video & production but I am not sure I would sit through watching YouTube highlights of over 30 minutes, and that was just the 2nd half. I found myself as a neutral (albeit with a soft spot), sadly, losing interest after that length of time. Sorry about that. :(

But great production and keep up the good work! :)

Thanks for the feedback Jez, and I completely agree with you. I thought I'd try to publish most of the game as a test, but it is way too long, takes too much time to encode and a lifetime to upload.

I have learned from this experiment, and future videos will be much shorter :-)

Thanks for the feedback Jez, and I completely agree with you. I thought I'd try to publish most of the game as a test, but it is way too long, takes too much time to encode and a lifetime to upload.

I have learned from this experiment, and future videos will be much shorter :-)

Glad no offence was taken.

Of course you highlight a good point regarding the production times and then uploading to YouTube. I tend to leave that part for overnight, very time consuming!

Keep up the good work!

I ve just purchased a new HD camcorder and i was seriously wondering why it was taking at least 3/4 times longer to encode and publish, i thought there was something wrong but i see that this is the normal,perhaps if i had quicker internet speed it would help.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LEAGUE GAME BETWEEN GLENAFTON AND DALRY.

http://sineys.piczo.com/?cr=5&rfm=y

I'd say the actual video editing part takes me between 2-4 hours but I guess I spend a bit of time with the graphics. The computer publishing of the edit into a uploadable format takes about 20-30 mins and based on my typical video length about 3-4 hours to upload to YouTube.

Does this sound about average to everyone else, or are you doing it quicker/slower? What software do you use? Perhaps we can help each other out with any issues or questions?

What does everyone think?

I'd say the actual video editing part takes me between 2-4 hours but I guess I spend a bit of time with the graphics. The computer publishing of the edit into a uploadable format takes about 20-30 mins and based on my typical video length about 3-4 hours to upload to YouTube.

Does this sound about average to everyone else, or are you doing it quicker/slower? What software do you use? Perhaps we can help each other out with any issues or questions?

What does everyone think?

Jez thats about the same time it takes me, i watch the full game again to edit the highlights, 2hrs to edit,4/5 hrs each half to upload, and i use Windows Live, i have in the past used other editing software but found when i upgraded to windows 7 it wasnt compatable. Some of the contributors video graphics are superb and i too would like to know what software and cost of such they use.Ive been posting games since 2006 and im still looking for the best editing/graphic software.

I think this topic has come up before in P&B and it was moved to another thread to clear this thread for highlights only.

http://sineys.piczo....com/?cr=5&rfm=y

Edited by GLENAFTON93

I think this topic has come up before in P&B and it was moved to another thread to clear this thread for highlights only.

Strictly speaking the The E-Chat Technology Forum is the place for this :ph34r:

Anyhow (:ph34r: :ph34r:): I'm still using a steam driven non-HD tape machine and Sony Vegas Movie Studio to do the editing. 40-50 mins to download the tape onto the computer and then (like everybody else) the editing takes about between 2 and 3 hours. For a 10 minute video, the rendering to YouTube format takes about half an hour and gives me a 150Mb file. For uploading, I no longer bother with my home connection but use my mobile dongle. Done and dusted within half an hour

Edited by The Old Northerner

Linlithgow Rose 1 v 0 Lochee, 03/03/12, League

Goal highlight also includes some details on Madison Barclay, a brave wee girl who died on the 22nd February. She was the mascot at the Lochee v Rose match earlier this season. A collection was taken in her memory at the match today and £500 was raised and will be donated to CLIC Sargent, a charity who provide care and support for children with cancer and their families.

Lochgelly Albert 3 Lochore Welfare 2 - (local derby)
McBookie.com (East) Central Division
Saturday 3rd March 2012
Gardiners Park

5 goals, 2 penalties, 2 red cards and a ref playing fetch with a dog!