Homefront

Karpaty

Patch to be released in the next few days:

Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update

- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two

- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue

- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations

2. Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes

- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.

- Fixes include:

- Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)

- Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)

Some of the reviews I have seen slated the singleplayer - does the multiplayer make up for it, or is this best avoided altogether?

Patch to be released in the next few days:

Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update

- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two

- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue

- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations

2. Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes

- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.

- Fixes include:

- Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)

- Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)

- Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)

Some of the reviews I have seen slated the singleplayer - does the multiplayer make up for it, or is this best avoided altogether?

The single player is pretty grim in that theres just no freedom for you do anything, even climbing up ladders and the like requires you to wait on the other people you're with to go up first and then wait again for it to come up saying 'press x to climb ladder'..

I really like the multiplayer though in terms of gameplay and I think the Battle Points system is a nice alternative. However if you're expecting great graphics don't get it, also overall I doubt I'd pay £40 to get the game either. It's definitely not going to be the new major FPS like COD, I'd say it's more of a stop gap to fill time till Battlefield 3.

The single player is pretty grim in that theres just no freedom for you do anything, even climbing up ladders and the like requires you to wait on the other people you're with to go up first and then wait again for it to come up saying 'press x to climb ladder'..

I really like the multiplayer though in terms of gameplay and I think the Battle Points system is a nice alternative. However if you're expecting great graphics don't get it, also overall I doubt I'd pay £40 to get the game either. It's definitely not going to be the new major FPS like COD, I'd say it's more of a stop gap to fill time till Battlefield 3.

I agree, but this is their first shot at it, and it's not bad for a first effort, I'd say wait for Homefront 2 it should be good.

I agree, but this is their first shot at it, and it's not bad for a first effort, I'd say wait for Homefront 2 it should be good.

Yeah, as I said I really like the gameplay so there is the basis for a more complete game the next time round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sigh, bought this the other week for £25. What a waste of money :( I really should have know not to buy it when I saw it had "ZOO 9/10" plastered on the front of the box, never a good sign but I still bought it.

Might force myself to complete the terrible single player but the 2nd rate graphics, completely linear gameplay and amazingly poor AI will probably put me off.

Shame as the idea for the storyline was promising.

• 4 years later...

Sigh, bought this the other week for �25. What a waste of money sad.gif I really should have know not to buy it when I saw it had "ZOO 9/10" plastered on the front of the box, never a good sign but I still bought it.

Might force myself to complete the terrible single player but the 2nd rate graphics, completely linear gameplay and amazingly poor AI will probably put me off.

Shame as the idea for the storyline was promising.

So 5 years later a new Homefront game is almost here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution

I love open world games so I'm hopeful this one will be worth playing.  The original was such a disappointment but it is a new team involved in the development.

Looks Good. But so did the first game.

Not sure if its just me or this game seems to have flown under the radar.  I do recall now reading ages and ages ago about how the rights had been bought for the game but I had completely forgotten all about until this afternoon when I read a Tweet from Angry Joe saying he was off to an event to see the game.

Not sure if its just me or this game seems to have flown under the radar.  I do recall now reading ages and ages ago about how the rights had been bought for the game but I had completely forgotten all about until this afternoon when I read a Tweet from Angry Joe saying he was off to an event to see the game.

Yeah, I think there was an issue with funding and so development was halted.

Trailer II:

• 1 month later...

So 5 years later a new Homefront game is almost here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution

I love open world games so I'm hopeful this one will be worth playing.  The original was such a disappointment but it is a new team involved in the development.

Guess not then but I think we can safely say goodbye to Homefront as a franchise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived