Mafia Watering Hole

Just while theres a wee break in the whinging, I fancy making my hosting debut at the start of summer by doing Survivor game 5. Had a few ideas which I think could work, and obviously the fact it is Survivor guarentees good fun ;)

If theres nobody else claimed it already and there are no objections I'd quite like it to be around mid/late May...

My game is planned to start on my birthday, which I thought would be a nice coincidence. But it turns out I've also got the house to myself for a week. This would usually mean I have plenty of time to get everything done in peace, but knowing me I'll have people over every night and will be a drunken shambles.

Basically I'll think it over, but there may be more demand for a survivor game so if that's the case I shall step aside and allow you to step in to Kyles my game. cool.gif

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My game is planned to start on my birthday, which I thought would be a nice coincidence. But it turns out I've also got the house to myself for a week. This would usually mean I have plenty of time to get everything done in peace, but knowing me I'll have people over every night and will be a drunken shambles.

Basically I'll think it over, but there may be more demand for a survivor game so if that's the case I shall step aside and allow you to step in to Kyles my game. cool.gif

Oh no I wasnt trying to put any pressure on you to change your game dates or anything like that. Theres a gap of a few weeks between your game and TJR/SLJ's game that I thought it could be squeezed in to. If people dont fancy having a mafia-survivor-mafia combo in quick succession then I'll fit it in somewhere else.

I'll be honest, the thing I don't get Forehead, is when did you become the 'lead' player? It seems to be you that decides which games go ahead, and IMO your list is actively killing mafia games here. They are far too frequent now. You also seem to have an attitude/anger problem throughout and if someone disagrees with you, they're wrong. If memory serves me right, you haven't even been playing mafia games on here for very long.

I give slots as people request them, first come first served. Again, if you think they're too frequent then drop out. If you think there should be 1/3 less games then play a 1/3 less games, it's really that simple.

Again, I do think they're wrong, because I think I'm right. If they can disprove me then I'll concede. If the majority of people feel that the schedule is too cluttered then I'll free it up, but at the moment it seems to be about 4 or 5 people who think it's too cluttered.

So 4 players that could be playing in all the games wow that will cut it down from 20 pages to 18 in the next game.

Ok then the vast majority of times someone disagrees with you then. That better?

No I don't think my opinion is fact because I am not thick and I understand the difference between opinion and fact.

It's more the principle, the fact you said you didn't want to play in games and then sign up the next day.

(The fact he actually counted how many games he had been in and how many there has been on this site is very sad)

That was because you brought up that he'd played more. Doesn't exactly take much effort to count how many games I've been in when it's from two threads just like this and I can remember which ones I've played it or hosted.

I like Forehead as a poster, and for example, on the wrestling thread I like his posts but he has became far too big for his boots on here. I mean he was actually advocating that if the Mafia Games become a sub-forum, he should be the mod. There's a vast list of players who should be offered this position before him (Not that I would want the mafia games to be placed in a sub-forum).

Let's take a look at this post.

Sub Forum Moderator - Forehead7. Got a nice ring to it tongue.gif If this did come to pass then I'd demand my Watering Hole thread be pinned.

You're the one saying I'm thick for not getting it, I was obviously joking, that's what the smiley implies.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of it.

It's not that, it's the fact that whenever I do shit I get called on it, why should you all be any different?

Not to worry TRS, it wasn't you Forehead's vitriol was placed at.

To be honest, I think we should scrap the schedule. It worked great for a while and probably still would work to an extent, but it makes everything far too wooden and, lets face it, we very rarely stick to the start dates anyway. We can have a game 'list' as it were and even an 'order' but the dates are completely unnecessary. We need to be more flexible or more and more people will start falling away from the games.

That's what I had and then GTG made up the actual dates and people wanted to put it in, so I obliged. Again, not my decision, I only put it in because people wanted it in.

I give slots as people request them, first come first served. Again, if you think they're too frequent then drop out. If you think there should be 1/3 less games then play a 1/3 less games, it's really that simple.

Again, I do think they're wrong, because I think I'm right. If they can disprove me then I'll concede. If the majority of people feel that the schedule is too cluttered then I'll free it up, but at the moment it seems to be about 4 or 5 people who think it's too cluttered.

It's more the principle, the fact you said you didn't want to play in games and then sign up the next day.

So what about Gy's claim about you saying you'd be the 'Mith'?

Exactly, YOU GIVE slots, you have no right to judge it. It should be a panel of the old guard, ie, Gy, Gordon & Kyle (If not including me) who set up a permanent PM and decide. I can drop out, and had done for a bit, but when I came back the quality had sank to such a level, purely because it's been over-saturated. It's really that simple.

They don't need to disprove you, they can disagree with you and whilst you may still think you're right, you can take what they say on board, not completely reject it as whether you believe so or not, you're changed games on here for the worse with your attitude that no breaks shall be had and the fact, that you deem yourself an authorative figure, when you're not. At all.

It's not an actual game though is it? It's a trial that shall be conducted throughout PM's.

I brought up that gtg had played the most games on this site then you started claiming to of played more on other sites.

I signed up for a mini game that is being held in a PM thread almost a month away hardly a proper game is it? 

Still working out the difference between opinion and fact?

My retort to Forehead did have one good point, I felt, we should set up a permanent PM and become the 'mith'. Perhaps a 5 of Gordon, Gy, Me, Kyle and somebody else, perhaps Forehead, or TRS or someone? And for a game to go ahead, it needs a majority vote?

Anyone else think it's an interesting concept?

My retort to Forehead did have one good point, I felt, we should set up a permanent PM and become the 'mith'. Perhaps a 5 of Gordon, Gy, Me, Kyle and somebody else, perhaps Forehead, or TRS or someone? And for a game to go ahead, it needs a majority vote?

Anyone else think it's an interesting concept?

Absolute nonsense in setting up a PM just to boost the ego's of yourself and gy, I'm with Forehead on this 1 if you don't want to play then don't no one is forcing you to because you see a sign up thread.

Naw. You and your clique can f**k off. The schedule is fine, If people don't want to play don't play. It doesn't mean to say this should hinder the people that do want to play, You can play a mafia game with a smaller amount. 10 dedicated players is better than 25 players where half of them can't be arsed. (This is not because I want to play games, I am also going to take a break)

Fair enough, it was just an idea. The schedule isn't fine evidently, as if it was all hunky dory, your game wouldn't have been utter shite.

Absolute nonsense in setting up a PM just to boost the ego's of yourself and gy, I'm with Forehead on this 1 if you don't want to play then don't no one is forcing you to because you see a sign up thread.

It's like bandwaggoners though, once people see the opportunity they take it. It's like when people say, 'Don't push this button', even if you don't want to eventually you'll succumb and do it. Something, and I don't know what, but something definitely needs to change.

Archived