Mafia Watering Hole

Fair enough, it can be argued that the standard has dropped, but is it really because of too many games? In the game just finished, people came out and said they couldn't be arsed or were just mucking about with their role. Therefore the drop in standard isn't the number of games, it's the players choosing to play knowing full well they won't put in the effort, or will deliberately be shit. The simple solution is: don't sign up unless you genuinely want to play. The reason the last game went stale so quickly is because the Mafia targeted people that wanted to play leaving many posters that were simply going through the motions.

The thing I find weird is that the people moaning about the standard of the games are the people that are playing shit. Ludo, GY and GtG were all absolutely hopeless in that last game. Just admit it's not the number of games that's the problem, it's the number of players that can't be bothered.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, it can be argued that the standard has dropped, but is it really because of too many games? In the game just finished, people came out and said they couldn't be arsed or were just mucking about with their role. Therefore the drop in standard isn't the number of games, it's the players choosing to play knowing full well they won't put in the effort, or will deliberately be shit. The simple solution is: don't sign up unless you genuinely want to play. The reason the last game went stale so quickly is because the Mafia targeted people that wanted to play leaving many posters that were simply going through the motions.

The thing I find weird is that the people moaning about the standard of the games are the people that are playing shit. Ludo, GY and GtG were all absolutely hopeless in that last game. Just admit it's not the number of games that's the problem, it's the number of players that can't be bothered.

In what way was I hopeless? I called the whole mafia team and I just just a civillian, you're talking shite there.

In what way was I hopeless? I called the whole mafia team and I just just a civillian, you're talking shite there.

biggrin.gif

How many players did the 'best mafia player on this site' manage to convince? Although, the last part of my post was mainly in jest, I still feel it's a valid point. The reason I included your name was the day you posted saying you couldn't be fucked and voted for a dead player. That was shambolic, compared to your ability in the past. sad.gif For what it's worth, I knew Jambo Stu was innocent and I would've fought hard to get G-man out rather than Diamonds, were I still in the game.

biggrin.gif

How many players did the 'best mafia player on this site' manage to convince? Although, the last part of my post was mainly in jest, I still feel it's a valid point. The reason I included your name was the day you posted saying you couldn't be fucked and voted for a dead player. That was shambolic, compared to your ability in the past. sad.gif For what it's worth, I knew Jambo Stu was innocent and I would've fought hard to get G-man out rather than Diamonds, were I still in the game.

I couldn't be fucked because the game was a bandwagon fest. Exactly why I couldn't convince anyone and why this debate has happened.

I couldn't be fucked because the game was a bandwagon fest. Exactly why I couldn't convince anyone and why this debate has happened.

I know, I just wanted to get involved. I'm fine with whatever happens as I usually enjoy playing these games no matter what the gap between games is. Perhaps I'm in the minority though.

:(

Y U ALWAYS ANGRY?

It's because I'm overcompensating.

I'm on my phone and couldn't be bothered going back to read what you said but again you don't understand what is opinion and fact.

I didn't say my opinion was fact, I said I think it's fact. Obviously, I think my opinion is right.

The end justifies the means. What happened to the Ludo that would do anything to win? Disappoint.

He never existed? I've always been for the team. All for the team. Which is why the 1 time I was terrorist, I ended up siding with the village.

Probably a rubbish idea but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I Propose having 5 grand slams/ppv's a year:

1 x survivor game

1 x Apprentice game

1 x TRS Mafia game

1 x Forehead Powers mafia game

1 x GTG old school mafia game

Outside of these 5 grand slams, people can have as many mafia games as they want. Personally I would only sign up for the grand slams .

What this would mean:

People who want fewer games can only sign up for the grand slams thus improving the quality of these games.

People who want to play more games/ host games can do so as they please in and around these games.

Probably a rubbish idea but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I Propose having 5 grand slams/ppv's a year:

1 x survivor game

1 x Apprentice game

1 x TRS Mafia game

1 x Forehead Powers mafia game

1 x GTG old school mafia game

Outside of these 5 grand slams, people can have as many mafia games as they want. Personally I would only sign up for the grand slams .

What this would mean:

People who want fewer games can only sign up for the grand slams thus improving the quality of these games.

People who want to play more games/ host games can do so as they please in and around these games.

You're going to break your streak? ohmy.gif What about hosts like Kyle and Turbo?

Archived