Morissey

longjohn

Morrissey bans meat at tour venues

_53416510_002940531-1.jpg Morrissey walked off stage two years ago saying he could smell meat cooking Venues hosting concerts by former Smiths frontman Morrissey on his UK tour have been asked to take meat off the menu on the night he performs.

The vegetarian request was on the "rider" when the concert dates were being booked, one venue manager said.

Animal rights activist Morrissey walked off stage at the Coachella festival in California in 2009 after saying he could smell "burning flesh".

The tour opens at Perth Concert Hall later on Wednesday.

The singer will then play in Inverness, Dunoon, Dunfermline and Hawick, before moving on to further dates in England.

A spokeswoman for Argyll and Bute Council, who manage Queen's Hall in Dunoon, said they had no objection to complying with the request from Morrissey's management.

"We were asked that no meat is prepared, cooked or served at the venue on the day of the concert," she said.

"We were happy to agree to this."

Apparently the great one has banned all meat from the food outlets at his upcoming tour. FFS what is it with veggies? OK they have a right not to eat meat and I suppose they have the right to get all self-righteous about it and preach to the "carnivores" among the ranks of humanity about the horrors of eating cute wee cuddly animals and fish. Still, this fucker is taking it all a bit too far. Hopefully his fans will tell him to GTF and go to the pub for a pint and a burger instead of going to his meat-free concert. Self-righteous p***k.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a burger or a hot dog is part of the gig experience in the same way that pie and bovril is at the football.

Not that I'd go and see him anyway. His musics crap.

Having a burger or a hot dog is part of the gig experience in the same way that pie and bovril is at the football.

What? No it's not. :lol::blink:

No it isn't, you fat ear chewing c**t.

No wonder your generation are obese fuckwits.

Went to see him on Friday at the Ironworks in Inverness which doesn't serve food anyway. Obviously the meat ban ruined my whole night.

I can imagine that having no food on sale must have ruined it all for you. Stuffing your face full of shite is an essential part of the scene man. I make sure that any gig I have ever been to has a decent purvey.

I can imagine that having no food on sale must have ruined it all for you. Stuffing your face full of shite is an essential part of the scene man. I make sure that any gig I have ever been to has a decent purvey.

Don't know about you, but I missed all 22 minutes of Neil Young's Like A Hurricane guitar solo queuing for a soggy Ginsters. No regrets. Delish.

:huh:

I've never bought food at a gig. In fact I can't even remember being at a gig where they sold food. Maybe the odd burger van outside the SECC.

No it isn't, you fat ear chewing c**t.

No wonder your generation are obese fuckwits.

And what generation would that be? Sweetcheeks!

Your ability to determine a persons physical and mental characteristics by staring at words they've typed on a computer screen is really very impressive.

Have you considered offering your services to MI6 or the CIA?

:huh:

I've never bought food at a gig. In fact I can't even remember being at a gig where they sold food. Maybe the odd burger van outside the SECC.

Not been to many gigs or festivals then?

Not been to many gigs or festivals then?

Ahhh right we're talking about festivals now?

See I can manage to go to a gig without the need to stuff my face with over priced shite, but I do eat at fetivals. It's a lot harder to go the whole weekend without food.

Archived