Dance Songs

SOL

Anyone catch Radio 1's Essential Mix last weekend? It was Tiesto playing two hours of his favourite deep house tracks. Not something I ever thought I'd hear, but a cracking set nonetheless. These were my highlights:

Is it available online anywhere? I'd love to hear that.

Anyone catch Radio 1's Essential Mix last weekend? It was Tiesto playing two hours of his favourite deep house tracks. Not something I ever thought I'd hear, but a cracking set nonetheless.

It was absolutely fucking woeful. It's fair enough if a DJ wants to change his style but the way how he's went from being the biggest and best trance DJ in the world to the shit he churns out now is unreal. It would be acceptable if he was actually making good tracks but they're rotten. I can understand why he's doing it as he's cashing in on the middle class yanks not having any gangsta rappers to worship so they've started to make a circus called "EDM" and he's lapping it by churning out shit and because of his past reputation he is cleaning up big time.

I saw him at creamfields last year I knew he was gonna play house (I'd been a fan for years but never had the chance to see him as I was always away with the navy) there was always that hope that he was gonna play trance after a hour I had enough and thought f**k it go to the toilet and then to the hardstyle tent to enjoy myself. I ended up staying as when I came out of the toilet he started playing some trance and even hardstyle and that saved it for me.

I guess the thing what annoys me with Tiesto is that he's so gifted at making trance tracks and such a talented dj it's such a shame to see him waste that talent just to make easy money. It's a bit like Beckham and that fucking off to the MLS.

Btw I appreciated everyone has different tastes in music and I respect that this isn't a dig at any deep or electro house fans on here just me raging at Tiesto.

Is it available online anywhere? I'd love to hear that.

Will be available until Saturday on BBC iPlayer and is easy to find on Soundcloud.

It was absolutely fucking woeful. It's fair enough if a DJ wants to change his style but the way how he's went from being the biggest and best trance DJ in the world to the shit he churns out now is unreal. It would be acceptable if he was actually making good tracks but they're rotten. I can understand why he's doing it as he's cashing in on the middle class yanks not having any gangsta rappers to worship so they've started to make a circus called "EDM" and he's lapping it by churning out shit and because of his past reputation he is cleaning up big time.

Appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think this mix was necessarily him cashing in on the next trend. At the start of the show he said it was just a mix of his favourite chill out tunes of the moment. Wouldn't imagine he drops any of them in his sets.

I'd be seething if I was meant to be going to Hardwell, not his fault a bunch of 15-18 year olds in Ireland can't handle their class A's. I don't like Hardwell at all though just feel for the folk who paid over face value.

On a happier note I leave you with this tune

I'd be seething if I was meant to be going to Hardwell, not his fault a bunch of 15-18 year olds in Ireland can't handle their class A's. I don't like Hardwell at all though just feel for the folk who paid over face value.

On a happier note I leave you with this tune

I was meant to be going to Hardwell tomorrow. I was quite seething when I switched my phone on after work and found out. Been grafting 6am till 6pm in a glassworks sweating my balls off all day looking forward to tomorrow night. It was meant to be my mates homecoming. He's just back from a seven month deployment in the gulf. Total kick in the balls.

Never mind it now looks of we are all off to Trancelate at 69 below tomorrow to see 4 Strings and Manuel Le Saux.

Will be available until Saturday on BBC iPlayer and is easy to find on Soundcloud.

Appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think this mix was necessarily him cashing in on the next trend. At the start of the show he said it was just a mix of his favourite chill out tunes of the moment. Wouldn't imagine he drops any of them in his sets.

Yeah the other night was a bit of a mad rant. Every now and then I just go off on one haha.

Yeah the other night was a bit of a mad rant. Every now and then I just go off on one haha.

It's understandable if you were that into Tiesto when he used to play trance. I think his 'EDM' stuff is decent enough for what it is. Not a patch on 'Elements of Life' or his early 'In Search of Sunrise' albums though. I'd be equally seething, but I was always more into Armin and A&B and their styles remain relatively unchanged.