Squash

ICTChris

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump for this - I've got a booking at a squash court at Craiglockhart today but my mate can't play anymore. Frantic texts to other potential players haven't yielded anyone.

If anyone on here fancies a game at 4:45pm today please reply on here or PM me and I'll let you know the details. I'm not a particularly good player, have been playing regularly for about three months.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've played twice in the past week and have a terrible sore back. This happened to me once last year, is there anything I can do to stop it? I hadn't played for a month or so until I came back, I assume that I'm just using muscles that don't normally get tested by swimming, running or cycling, the other exercise I do regularly.

I've played twice in the past week and have a terrible sore back. This happened to me once last year, is there anything I can do to stop it? I hadn't played for a month or so until I came back, I assume that I'm just using muscles that don't normally get tested by swimming, running or cycling, the other exercise I do regularly.

Strengthen your core, although its just likely to be DOMS after your lay off.

I couldn't play through most of December thanks to a stinky virus thing,. but when I went back I got sore shins. I always get sore shins if I miss a few weeks of squash. Most of the other guys seem to get a sore lower back or sore boootockks.

Youll be fine.

Yeah, I think the level of lunging has taken it's toll. I'm going to start doing those as part of my general exercise routine.

I was looking for squash training tips when I found this page

http://www.talksquash.co.uk/guides/squash_training.html

After you have played a few games of squash, you will be familiar with the feeling of wanting to smash your racket against the wall and shout a string of expletives at the top of your voice

Yep :lol:

Yeah, I think the level of lunging has taken it's toll. I'm going to start doing those as part of my general exercise routine.

I was looking for squash training tips when I found this page

http://www.talksquash.co.uk/guides/squash_training.html

Yep :lol:

I do shitloads of kettlebell stuff. It pretty much does the trick for your core and cardio stuff. And you can do the lunges holding the bugger too.

I've certainly smashed a few racquets in my time. I'm normally not outwardly raging at any other sport Ive played but squash seems to make even the most placid of chaps into snarling disgraces at times. :P Must be the gladiatorial side of it. Its the only racket sport where you are in such close proximity to your opponent and it can really get to you at times. :lol: It feels a lot more personal than the likes of tennis and badminton where you are facing up with a net between you.

• 1 year later...

Watching the British open final between Gaultier v Elshorbagy and they guys make this game look ridiculously easy,some fantastic rallies and can't pick a winner,loving the antics of Gaultier :lol: 2-2 going into a final game,great stuff.

EDIT to add 3-2 Elhorbagy,good to see top quality squash on the tv.

Looking out my racket after a 7 year hiatus, trying to find an opponent is almost impossible....

Everyone I used to play has either wrapped it or are injured.

Played squash for 20 years on and off and love the sport.

Looking out my racket after a 7 year hiatus, trying to find an opponent is almost impossible....

Everyone I used to play has either wrapped it or are injured.

Played squash for 20 years on and off and love the sport.

Hope you find a partner to play with.

If you find the right opponent on the same level as yourself Squash is a fantastic game to play,i love it,the only downside is due to the intense nature of the game injuries can occur but no better game to play imo.disnae half get the blood pumping :)

Archived