Any P&bers Playing World Of Warcraft?

MarreZ

Yes, I'm on Bladefist with a lot of other Greenock people. Only playing weekends until I graduate.

Edit: What server are you on? Is this your first MMOG?

I played Everquest for 5 years, and I have to say, I'm having more fun in WoW than I did in my later EQ days. It's just more accessible and - as a Rogue - a lot more exciting. I never bothered with SWG because it looked like an unfinished mish-mash - a bit like Everquest :lol:

I'm a 31 Gnome Rogue on Bladefist PVP. If you ever start an alliance char on Bladefist for whatever reason, send Jokah a tell and say hi :) I'm only playing weekends until I finish my exams, though.

I played Everquest for 5 years, and I have to say, I'm having more fun in WoW than I did in my later EQ days. It's just more accessible and - as a Rogue - a lot more exciting. I never bothered with SWG because it looked like an unfinished mish-mash - a bit like Everquest :lol:

I'm a 31 Gnome Rogue on Bladefist PVP. If you ever start an alliance char on Bladefist for whatever reason, send Jokah a tell and say hi :) I'm only playing weekends until I finish my exams, though.

Christ without actually sounding even sadder than that...

You ever played Runecape? If you do, have a look for a guy called Akritoi, level 32 fighter. On the Gamespy servers when I could access them I was GM_TheLindsay, char was Bane Oakenshield, level 34 barbarian warrior. Damnit, I really miss that game.

if your only playing weekends - you must have done not much else to get to level 31 in that space of time :)

Im up to level 13 hunter ork now.

Other than the pub, the football, and a couple of hours worth of studying, aye, it was a WoW weekend :D

Plus I played in beta to 30 so I had a clear idea of what I was doing. It's getting tougher now that I'm into uncharted territory (and in contested zones - I'm on a PVP server so I spend a lot of time running away from the bigger boys :D)

What are you at now? I'm a stone's throw from 36, as of Sunday... will probably get 38 this weekend if I don't have to re-write this essay :angry:

I was a bit of a geek in my school days : Traveller , D&D , Car Wars etc. - you've got my attention , is any of this stuff similar ?, any chance of a link ?

D&D, part of the Forgotten Realms tirlogy virtually taken over by Salvatore I believe

Im level 23 Orc hunter now - but this weekend I started a new game as a Tauren Shamen, just to level 6 so far. Fancied having a go with spells and stuff :)

I was a bit of a geek in my school days : Traveller , D&D , Car Wars etc. - you've got my attention , is any of this stuff similar ?, any chance of a link ?

It's "D&D lite", in that it's a fantasy setting but it's more action based than dice based. Still all the stuff like fighter, thief, mage, paladin and all that shite, though.

http://www.wow-europe.com

It's an MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), and it's a shitload of fun :D Lots of idiots play these games ,though, so it can be frustrating.

It's "D&D lite", in that it's a fantasy setting but it's more action based than dice based. Still all the stuff like fighter, thief, mage, paladin and all that shite, though.

http://www.wow-europe.com

It's an MMOG (massively multiplayer online game), and it's a shitload of fun :D Lots of idiots play these games ,though, so it can be frustrating.

looks like a lot to take in - I can see old Lenny Lightfinger getting reincarnated :)

(I might not post on here for a while ;) )

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Two things that stand out for me with WoW...

1) When I was in my early teens, I had a section of friends who played D&D - a lot! This fascination with it took them into RTRP (real time role playing) and so I took great mirth from watching a bunch of kids run around a forest dressed as orc and pixies and brandishing plastic swords going, "Head hit, 3 points, roll the 16 sided dice to determine blood loss" and the like.

Since then I cannot take any game/medieval cross over seriously

2) In my last job, two guys (in their mid 30's) were avid WoW'ers. Thing was these men would come to work in suits and ties, discussing financial deals worth millions (and I do mean that) then go home and spend literally two hours (in real time) running from one part of the map to another. Both the guys spoke online as well as in real life, and it ended up that conversations could end up like... "Well I knitted you a bag, you could at least give me a knife".

The second piont just hammered home the first point, and although I would be speaking to normal, intelligent, average people. I could only imagine them running around a forest dressed as orc and pixies and brandishing plastic swords going, "Head hit, 3 points, roll the....", etc.

So you can see now why I can't play WoW. Ever!

Archived