Queen

KeeperDee

• 3 months later...

I used to love Queen, then I realised that 95% of their songs are utter shite and Bryan May is an absolute bell-end. I do agree Mercury was a tremendous frontman and singer.

That being said, Under Pressure is an absolute belter of a tune. The best thing they ever did.

On 17/09/2018 at 23:18, Gaz said:

I used to love Queen, then I realised that 95% of their songs are utter shite and Bryan May is an absolute bell-end. I do agree Mercury was a tremendous frontman and singer.

That being said, Under Pressure is an absolute belter of a tune. The best thing they ever did.

That’s Dr Bellend to you, sunshine.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Despite previously saying I would not go and see it, Bohemian Rhapsody is amazing. 

Rami as Freddie was outstanding. If he doesn't get a Oscar award or nomination then it's ridiculous. 

The live aid scene give me goosebumps. 

When I was growing up, it was seen as seriously uncool to like Queen but I saw the film and thought it was great.

The pace of the film was great and I didn't think there were any long boring bit.

I imagine Brian May and Roger Taylor will be happy with the result.

Obviously Freddie Mercury is the star but the film is also about the whole band.
We all know Freddie had an extravagant lifestyle but unlike Sacha Baron Cohen, I am pleased this was not overdone.

I am amused at the suggestion that his attempts to go solo were a disaster and he really needed the band.
I wonder if anyone had a say in that.

It would be great if they could do a similar film about other bands but I think egos would prevent that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They're showing the Freddie Mercury tribute concert on yt for the next 48 hours. I was expecting the full thing but it started from when Queen took to the stage. I was looking forward to reliving the Extreme and Guns n Roses sets but still enjoying it. The highlights for me were George Michael doing Somebody to love, Bowie, Ronson and Hunter doing Heroes and (don't shoot me for this) Paul Young doing Radio ga-ga( the crowd made it for me.)

• 5 months later...