Rab Douglas

Mayos Noun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stuttgart Saint
although choice is limited, PLEASE DO NOT PICK RAB DOUGLAS ! ! !

I wouldn't say the choice is all that limited. Gordan at Hertz is in good form. Marshall is decent and has shown he can handle big events (even though he's not been playing in the first team lately) and as third or fourth choice Sullivan isn't too bad a pick.

Out of the Scotland goalkeepers (Marshall, Douglas, Sullivan, Gordon), I havent seen Marshall or Gordon, but IMO, Douglas and Sullivan are just f*cking pish. I would not pick either of them. I watched Sullivan on the TV against France, he was utter shite. I have also watched games featuring Rab Douglas on the TV, he is too utter shit. I would chose either Marshall or Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Caleyking

Just saw Douglas against us last night and he was awful.

He didnt have a save to make and he was still awful!

He dropped a ball when wee Juanjo went up for a header for fucks sake!

Nearly all his kickouts hardly got off the ground or they went flying into touch!

If Smith is going on form and not selecting Riorden then why select this uber-diddy?!

I am NOT looking forward to a week saturday.

Just saw Douglas against us last night and he was awful.

He didnt have a save to make and he was still awful!

He dropped a ball when wee Juanjo went up for a header for fucks sake!

Nearly all his kickouts hardly got off the ground or they went flying into touch!

If Smith is going on form and not selecting Riorden then why select this uber-diddy?!

I am NOT looking forward to a week saturday.

Douglas is the best of a bad bunch, sadly. For all Gordon's good form for Hearts, he hasn't reproduced it for Scotland yet. He is too shaky to risk playing in such a big occasion.

I'd rather have Douglas in goal in the San Siro than Marshall, Gordon or Sullivan. Equally, I'd rather have someone else entirely, but we don't have anyone available... :(

Guest Pompey

Douglas is a decent shot-stopper. It's just the rest of his game that's the problem.

Unfortunately, he tends to drop it after he's stopped it, drop crosses, come out with no idea what to do when, poor kicking, has no presence, and the defenders are nervous with him there.

Apart from that, he's a good goalie :rolleyes::unsure:

Archived