One Of Those Easy To Solve Computer Q's...

Why all of a sudden has my computer taken to displaying weird little circles and triangles where a picture on a website is, before taking it's time to load the picture. rather than just showing the picture automatically without the delay as it used to?

What browser are you using? Do the images eventually load because I use firefox and it loads data first then images so it appears to shorten loading time when all it is really doing is loading the important stuff first (i.e. not the pictures)

Have a look under internet options\advanced and scroll down to Multimedia.

Is the "Show image download placeholders" ticked? If so, untick it and try again.

If not, I dunno :ph34r:

Edited to add - did you ever fix the problem with the radio station? Do you have windows set to update automatically? If both problems are solved with IE settings you might find that its updated to a new version and reset the settings ... bloody windows :angry:

Andy - that untick thing worked. Cheers for that.

Weirdly, this graphics loading issue and the internet stream problem happened at the same time. I still haven't managed to listen to the radio station yet, even though BBC Listen again, etc, all work.

Not sure sure about that problem, Im afraid.

Im guessing that you havent been playing about with your IE settings, or that no-one else has access to your computer?

If so, my auto-update theory is quite likely. What OS are you using, not XP by any chance??

Im no expert on XP (where is a spitting smilie when you need it??) but Im pretty sure it has an auto-update built in which will download patches and security updates for XP automatically without you knowing about it. I think it also updates IE automatically too, which would explain your changing settings.

Damn Xp...Damn Microsoft and Damn Bill Gates ... sorry Sir Bill :blink::blink:

Archived