Tv On't Pc

Basically I'm trying to make more space in my room. Currently I have a pretty big unsightly crt moniter which really needs to go, but getting rid of my tv too will also free up some space (and some sockets too!)

Now whats everyones opinion on tv cards for the pc they a worthwhile investment? Whats the quality like? How exactly does it work? Will I be sacrificing any channels because due to the position of our aerial I have itv1 english border on 3 and itv1 scottish border on 6 and I can't live without my scotsports :ph34r:

When I brought this up with my mate he said another good idea was a card that allows you to connect your pc to a tv. Does this feck the tv or is this fairly straight forward as that would perhaps be easier? Cheers for any advice

Cammy :cheers

Depends what you want to do with your PC. For normal browsing, etc the quality on the tv is probably fine. However, if your playing games and stuff it might not be up to it. Sounds like your tv is pretty old too, which could cause problems. And yes, you would lose a channel!! Also, can you get the tv into a position to use it comfortably with the PC?

IMO getting a tv card for your PC and ditching the tv might be your better option. Again, the quality really depends on your PC specs/graphics card etc (unless you buy an all-in-one card which does it all) If you have a low(ish) end PC you might find it wont cope with being a tv and PC at the same time (if your partial to watching tv while on your puter, as I am)

Unfortunatly, theres no way of knowing which will work better without trying :(

Archived