Uefa Cup

bob_mcshug

Guest Eric Tait Spurts
Definitly not like that now, 9 out of our best starting X1 are black so theres nowt in the way of racism!

80's was a bad decade full stop I think fashion, music, work and footy were all pretty nasty??!

I remember The Flag (NF 'fanzine') was on sale at the ground like you'd see regular fanzines on sale today. People would have them sticking out of their back pockets like they were proud of them. I might be wrong here but I think I was at Mirandinha's first game at St.J against Man United (freezing 1-1 draw). He was getting some boo's from the Gallowgate when he touched the ball... very sad.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Geordie_Elvis

It was considering what he went on to do?!

what about when Gazza got pelted with about 100 mars bars when he went to take a corner........legendary picture that!!

Thing is since we went PLC it hasnt been the same, too much corporate seating and hardcore fans being moved around the ground, atmosphere has been pish 4 ages, thats why the Toon Ultras started (see my sig) the campaign is bring back the noise. I get annoyed seeing the best 3000 seats in the grounfd being taken by suits who dont give a flying f**k about the team, they dont sing and they only watch about 1/3 of the match................BASTIDS!!

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

Thing is since we went PLC it hasnt been the same, too much corporate seating and hardcore fans being moved around the ground, atmosphere has been pish 4 ages, thats why the Toon Ultras started (see my sig) the campaign is bring back the noise. I get annoyed seeing the best 3000 seats in the grounfd being taken by suits who dont give a flying f**k about the team, they dont sing and they only watch about 1/3 of the match................BASTIDS!!

You could have been a Man United fan writing that (apart from the Toon Ultra bit)

Actually I though Toon Ultra was some sort of detergent for washing whites AND blacks ;)

Guest Geordie_Elvis

I think its just footy teams in general pal,especially the bigger clubs. Its just a business now, the fans dont mean f**k all to the big wigs.

heh heh its just a scheme to get some atmos back into SJP only a few hundred members at the mo and its only the cup/european games where they can buy specific seats up in level 7, trying to recreate the olden days with flags,banners,scarfs ,confetti and bog roll!!!

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

Yeah, same thing at OT. The bigger clubs fans need to put some energy and passion back into the game.

Guest Geordie_Elvis

After this weeks results, I am feeling a bit more confident now!

The teams I didnt want to face are all out and I dont think there is anyone to fear now, I would like to get Sporting in the next round (draw is today @ noon) rather then play them in their own stadium in the final.

Haway the lads.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
I think Sporting Lisbon are the only real threats to you winning the cup this year. While some of the other teams may give you a tough game I can't really see anyone else beating you.

432219[/snapback]

And we just got drawn against them!! Il take that no probs at all, better playing them over 2 legs now then a 1 of in the final?!

And we just got drawn against them!! Il take that no probs at all, better playing them over 2 legs now then a 1 of in the final?!

432289[/snapback]

Good luck.

What's the full draw?

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Good luck.

What's the full draw?

432292[/snapback]

here you go......

Villareal (Spain) or

Steau Bucharest (Romania) v

AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands)

CSKA Moscow (Russia) v Auxerre (France)

Newcastle (Geordieland) v

Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Austria Vienna (Austria) v

Parma (Italy)

two-legged tie on April 7th and 14th.

Semi final draw:

Vienna or Parma v

CSKA or Auxerre

Newcastle or Sporting v

Villareal/Steau or Alkmaar

here you go......

Villareal (Spain) or

Steau Bucharest (Romania) v

AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands)

CSKA Moscow (Russia) v Auxerre (France)

Newcastle (Geordieland) v

Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Austria Vienna (Austria) v

Parma (Italy)

two-legged tie on April 7th and 14th.

Semi final draw:

Vienna or Parma v

CSKA or Auxerre

Newcastle or Sporting v

Villareal/Steau or Alkmaar

432296[/snapback]

Cheers. You saved me the bother of moving my erse!

Predictions:

Semis

Parma v Auxerre

Newcastle v Villareal

Final

Newcastle to defeat Auxerre 2-1.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Cheers. You saved me the bother of moving my erse! 

Predictions:

Semis

Parma v Auxerre

Newcastle v Villareal

Final

Newcastle to defeat Auxerre 2-1.

432305[/snapback]

Hope so! Im off to the bookies to see if its worth betting on the Toon winning it! :lol:

I'd love to see Steaua win it personally. I would've liked to see Villareal win it but it would be such a shame for Forlan as he was deliberatley cup tied by that w**ker Ferguson.

Just so long as Newcastle don't win it. Nothing personal GE.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
I'd love to see Steaua win it personally. I would've liked to see Villareal win it but it would be such a shame for Forlan as he was deliberatley cup tied by that w**ker Ferguson.

Just so long as Newcastle don't win it. Nothing personal GE.

432542[/snapback]

:(:(:(

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Like I said, nothing personal. I just don't want any English teams to win anything ever. Not a racist thing, just a rivalry thing.

432572[/snapback]

Not even with a Scottish manager?? :)

Archived