Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

One that stuck in my mind was an idiot blaming the Greek coppers cos it was entirely reasonable to try to charge into the stadium without a ticket. He was genuinely quite proud of his behavior!!

Some of the RAWK thread on Heysel I didn't quote had similar things.

A great quote was along the lines of "Things in the town centre during the day were pretty calm. A bit more theiving than usual but nothing major" :lol:

Some of the RAWK thread on Heysel I didn't quote had similar things.

A great quote was along the lines of "Things in the town centre during the day were pretty calm. A bit more theiving than usual but nothing major" :lol:

Thieving that must have been those pesky Chelsea fans....

Thieving that must have been those pesky Chelsea fans....

Funnily enough, there were attempts to blame Chelsea fans too.

"John Smith had told reporters that he believed the trouble to be the fault of ‘Chelsea fans’ - it was nonsense, clutching at straws."

The stealing quote was actually :-

"The day took the usual format for such a big game, perhaps a bit more thieving and the like going on than is common now, but it was generally sound, everyone enjoying themselves, the atmosphere in the town, especially the main square, where everyone was having a ball."

:lol:

Funnily enough, there were attempts to blame Chelsea fans too.

"John Smith had told reporters that he believed the trouble to be the fault of ‘Chelsea fans’ - it was nonsense, clutching at straws."

The stealing quote was actually :-

"The day took the usual format for such a big game, perhaps a bit more thieving and the like going on than is common now, but it was generally sound, everyone enjoying themselves, the atmosphere in the town, especially the main square, where everyone was having a ball."

:lol:

Yep recall them trying to pin this on Chelsea fans....have Liverpool FC ever apologised for Heysel ?

Yes, all of them were/are as clean as a whistle in their careers before and after that event...weren't/aren't they?...no corruption 'among' any of them. wink.gif You appear to be a typical toffee-nosed fcukwitted troll...not very good at what you do but you sound like the type who will toe the party line and follow follow orders, for that reason you may go places. From my perspective, i have the life experience to know that your final destination will be hell and damnation along with your fellow Sevco fans.

I can only assume you got finished at 12ish and are posting drunk.

Edited by jupe1407

I hesitate to say this, but the standard of Celtic fan poster has deteriorated rapidly in the past year.

Difficult to believe that was possible, but the recent batch have certainly lowered the bar.

Yep recall them trying to pin this on Chelsea fans....have Liverpool FC ever apologised for Heysel ?

They made a nice big banner for a game against Juve at Anfield, then took the huff when a large chunk of the Italian following turned their backs and refused to acknowledge it.

I think that RAWK site that H-B was quoting from has some belting posts about it in there somewhere. More than a few contributors feeling that the Juve fans should have been grateful for the apology.

They made a nice big banner for a game against Juve at Anfield, then took the huff when a large chunk of the Italian following turned their backs and refused to acknowledge it.

I think that RAWK site that H-B was quoting from has some belting posts about it in there somewhere. More than a few contributors feeling that the Juve fans should have been grateful for the apology.

A banner that was really nice of them ;) Well done the Juve fans for turning their backs on them

Probably some comments like "What's in the past is past" and "Let sleeping dogs lie" completely oblivious.

I dont buy The Sun but when im in the shop buying my Daily Spo..... i mean Daily Record i usually flick the front page over and have a quick glance at whatever story is on the third page.

You obviously like to keep abreast of things

as usual there is too many folk on here that werent born/was still in nappies at the time of bradford/heysel/hillsborough and are commenting based on what they have seen on forums/read in the gutter press. To be able to express a serious opinion you should at least read all the facts into all 3 disasters, none of them should have happened if the wheatley report aka the green guide later safety at sports grounds act of 1975(published in response to ibrox) were adhered to, also in Bradford's case the act did not apply to the lower 2 divisions in england, safety was non enforceable, the clubs could do as much or as little as they wanted and most chose the latter in the 80's

fan behaviour is only a part of the problem, the major problem up to post taylor report was the fact taht the majority of grounds were death traps, exits were totally insufficient, there was bottlenecks inside and outside of grounds where crushes could develop, stands relied in timber for construction (indeed up to the late 60's timber decking was the norm) and policing and stewarding was all about containment and not safety, thankfully in scotland few grounds had the fences of the type seen in england but a lot of terraces were just big spaces with no defined gangways and once you were in that was it. perhaps it is down to luck that more fans did not perish at football matches

fan behaviour is only a part of the problem, the major problem up to post taylor report was the fact taht the majority of grounds were death traps,

Sorry, are you suggesting the primary issue at Heysel was not the Liverpool fans' behaviour?