Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Could be a bit of a bill heading the way of the S*n ... attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1402605543.391269.jpg

I'm sure that after sending out 22,000,000 copies the postage on even a few thousand returned stampless isn't going to bother them. It's also very good use of a charity's funds.

I didn't think the Scousers could get any more cringeworthy but writing The Sun as The S*n really is Primary 1 stuff. Dear God.

Ed says sorry, but guess what group jump on the bandwagon to demonise him

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014/06/13/ed-miliband-very-sorry-for-endorsing-the-sun

The Cult of Hillsborough Handbook's getting a good outing on this one. It's unbelievable. I hope Ed gave the correct type of apology or he's curtains. Mind you, he's what passes for left wing these days so should be ok.

It's only Liverpool fans who are seething. Most other are a bit "meh"

Were the Sun & Kelvin MacKenzie in on the cover up by the Police & the authorities or were they also "duped"?

It's only Liverpool fans who are seething. Most other are a bit "meh"

They have more reason than most to be 'seething'.

I'm just not getting this hatred for the Hillsborough campaign - but whatever floats your boat. You really can't talk about others 'seething' in this thread.

I'm only "meh" because I feel sorry for him over it. What was he thinking? Do a deal with the devil and it only ever ends one way.

The world doesn't revolve around Liverpool FC

It's another witch hunt from them. That picture had nothing to do with Hillsborough, but you'd struggle to know that the way people are going on

I'm just not getting this hatred for the Hillsborough campaign - but whatever floats your boat. You really can't talk about others 'seething' in this thread.

No hate for it.

But when you see something like clubs in England looking into bringing in safe standing and the Hillsborough Family Support Group telling us they're writing to every club asking them to oppose it, or the big uproar because Liverpool changed the badge of the kit as it appeared it didn't have a tribute to the victims, the demonisation of people if they read the Sun, The refuses to play on that date.(forcing Chelsea to play a day later before a CL final) and the witch hunts in general, Alan Davis for example.

It becomes a bit tiresome. You won't just hear about it on the run up and during the anniversary which would he understandable. It's almost every week.

And the worse, are the people who have zero involvement with Hillsborough or the families of the victims preaching to others thinking they are on some moral crusade

I for one have been accused on this thread of "hatred for the Hillsborough Campaign" but have nothing of the kind......I just have genuine legal questions which also happen to call into question the actions of some ticketless fans on that fateful day......as a fan that stood on a terrace at a Scittish Cup semi final that day I am pleased that the cover up was finally exposed......but remain unconvinced that the Police were solely to blame that day.

No hate for it.

But when you see something like clubs in England looking into bringing in safe standing and the Hillsborough Family Support Group telling us they're writing to every club asking them to oppose it, or the big uproar because Liverpool changed the badge of the kit as it appeared it didn't have a tribute to the victims, the demonisation of people if they read the Sun, The refuses to play on that date.(forcing Chelsea to play a day later before a CL final) and the witch hunts in general, Alan Davis for example.

It becomes a bit tiresome. You won't just hear about it on the run up and during the anniversary which would he understandable. It's almost every week.

And the worse, are the people who have zero involvement with Hillsborough or the families of the victims preaching to others thinking they are on some moral crusade

Some folk have definitely taken it 'too far' (as they say) - and unfortunately due to the internet and social media this is happening with pretty much every cause or campaign.

Now everyone's opinion is out there and unfortunately some folk are very thick. Quite often these folk shout the loudest and as a result things get out of hand (the referendum is arguably another example of this where some reasonable arguments are getting overtaken by arseholes who just fling shite at their opponents). Another example is the grief merchants that spunk emotion all over the place when a celebrity dies.

Its something we have to get used to I guess . But its important to remember that at the heart of this topic there was a genuine miscarriage of justice - and because of the number of casualties that miscarriage was a big deal.