Grand Theft Auto V

Having a few problems with buildings and textrures popping into view on a delay, especially when driving really quickly through the city. Some research has shown that it's because I have an older xbox which is pretty fucking annoying considering one of the advantages console gaming has over PC is that they should all be the same spec and play the game the same way out of the box without needing to do any fucking about.

Edited by madwullie

Loving this so far.

Personal highlight was climbing up Mt Chilliad with Franklin. Slipped off the end and bounced all the way down.

:lol:

There's usually a couple of hikers just in front of the stand at the top of Mt Chiliad. A well aimed punch usually sends one of them flying down the mountain!

I'm finding the driving to be a vast improvement on IV to be honest. My only complaints are trivial: I'm not keen on the design of the radar, which I'll probably get used to over time anyway, and the lack of a proper physical manual, which is annoying but not the end of the world.

The driving is perfect IMO. The problem with IV for me was the driving was no fun at all and had tried to be too realistic. Previous GTA games had you flying about the place, handbrake turns around corners etc and it was just more fun to play.

There's plenty of variety of vehicles too, just find one that feels best for you. I've personally found the motorbikes brilliant for getting through the dense traffic at speed.

Yep, whilst I loved IV, a lot of the fun had been taken out of it imo. In the brief hour or so that I played it yesterday, the driving seems to be a return to the balls out craziness of earlier games.

I told myself that I wasn't going to f**k about until I have all three characters unlocked but I find myself in a blimp crashing into skyscrapers.

Judging by the storyline, not long until I get Trevor.

I've ended up with all three characters without really exploring but it's only because I don't know what to start with. There's just so much to do.

I still haven't used my blimp code so maybe when I've got that I'll do some proper exploring.

If my copy doesn't arrive today. I'm gonna buy it today again. Not wanting another fucking day for it

Absolutely. The postie said that Amazon were forced to withhold a lot of copies because Rockstar were raging they sent some out early. No fault of the royal mail tbh. Hope it comes soon.

did anybody else watch fame or shame from start to finish? I did, it was fucking hilarious :lol:

oh and not sure if anyone else has had problems with the reticule but I've realise you can change it to complex like GTA 4 and it is far better imo I could hardly see the fucker before

Absolutely. The postie said that Amazon were forced to withhold a lot of copies because Rockstar were raging they sent some out early. No fault of the royal mail tbh. Hope it comes soon.

Better come soon or they can shove it where the sun don't shine :(