Grand Theft Auto V

Having a few problems with buildings and textrures popping into view on a delay, especially when driving really quickly through the city. Some research has shown that it's because I have an older xbox which is pretty fucking annoying considering one of the advantages console gaming has over PC is that they should all be the same spec and play the game the same way out of the box without needing to do any fucking about.

Did you install the PLAY Disc as well as the INSTALLATION Disc?

That seems to be the problem if you install both discs, the coding clashes and the texures, street furniture etc don't load properly.

I've got an old style Xbox and it runs fine on it, with the one disc installation.

Check this video out for examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0gPB0gdoOM

Edited by Dirty_Arab

Did you install the PLAY Disc as well as the INSTALLATION Disc?

That seems to be the problem if you install both discs, the coding clashes and the texures, street furniture etc don't load properly.

I've got an old style Xbox and it runs fine on it, with the one disc installation.

Check this video out for examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0gPB0gdoOM

Nah didn't do that but cheers.

Think my xbox might be kicked. Gonna pick up a cheap USB on the road home today and see if that can sort it somehow - seems to be a workaround mooted today for those who want to install both discs so maybe it will sort my problem.

I'm finding the driving to be a vast improvement on IV to be honest. My only complaints are trivial: I'm not keen on the design of the radar, which I'll probably get used to over time anyway, and the lack of a proper physical manual, which is annoying but not the end of the world.

Is there not a manual? There's something that came in the box that looked like a manual - I didn't even look though. I'm now intrigued as to what it is if it's not a manual.

ETA I also love the driving. IV's was shite.

Edited by #Gary

Nah didn't do that but cheers.

Think my xbox might be kicked. Gonna pick up a cheap USB on the road home today and see if that can sort it somehow - seems to be a workaround mooted today for those who want to install both discs so maybe it will sort my problem.

I hope that Rockstar will do a patch to fix it soon, as having that PLAY disc running non stop for hours a day will give a few Xbox's a red ring!

Just has my first freeze. Playing as Franklin and went back to his aunts house for a mission, she met him in the garden and she froze as she started talking. Had to reload the game as it was one of those sort of half cut scene things.

Edit - Just did that mission you see in the gameplay trailer. You know the one.

Edited by TheScarf

I'm finding the driving to be a vast improvement on IV to be honest. My only complaints are trivial: I'm not keen on the design of the radar, which I'll probably get used to over time anyway, and the lack of a proper physical manual, which is annoying but not the end of the world.

The days of proper physical manuals are over. Almost very few if any all these days provides one, and most are a 4 page number with controls and legal shit. Some just provide the legal shit on white paper.

I'd hardly call it a criticism of the game, you really don't need one and you get a massive double sided map instead.

Is there not a manual? There's something that came in the box that looked like a manual - I didn't even look though. I'm now intrigued as to what it is if it's not a manual.

ETA I also love the driving. IV's was shite.

It is as Edgarus describes, just a 4 page number with basic controls and legal shit.

The days of proper physical manuals are over. Almost very few if any all these days provides one, and most are a 4 page number with controls and legal shit. Some just provide the legal shit on white paper.

I'd hardly call it a criticism of the game, you really don't need one and you get a massive double sided map instead.

Yeah, it's hardly a game breaker but how well done the manual was in older GTAs was a great touch and you could get a laugh flicking through it, it also had the essential list of every track on the radio stations in the back. Obviously you can download the manual from the website and it takes all of ten seconds to find the radio tracks online anyway, but it was a nice thing to have.

I was a bit apprehensive with the changeover between the characters, but it has literally created so many classic scenes, I went to swap with franklin and he was watching Lamar get his arse kicked in :lol