Merseyside Derby

ICTChris

Who will win Sunday's Merseyside derby?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am extremely disillusioned with Baros these days :(

435014[/snapback]

I notice Heskey has made a return to the England squad, replacing Alan Smith. I wonder if any Liverpool fans are regretting his transfer to Birmingham. :unsure:

From Liverpoolfc.net

Liverpool could be without four first team players for their next Premiership clash in two weeks time following a series of injuries during this afternoon's brilliant 2-1 derby victory. 

Rafael Benitez was forced into making all three of his substitutions during the first half and then had to keep Luis Garcia on the field throughout the second period despite the Spaniard clearly struggling with injury.

Stephen Warnock was first to leave the field with an ankle injury. He underwent a scan after coming off and was relieved to discover he'd sustained nothing more serious than heavy swelling. He left Anfield on crutches after the game.

Didi Hamann was next to leave the action after picking up a medial ligament strain and Fernando Morientes followed soon after with a thigh problem.

Garcia injured his ankle during the opening period but bravely opted to play through the pain barrier in the second half to prevent the Reds having to play with ten men.

Manager Rafael Benitez said: "We need to see how the injuries settle down now.

"Maybe they will all be out for two or three weeks. It's hard to say at this stage but clearly we have a lot of problems at the moment.

"I am so proud of the players for the way they coped with the situation. It was a very difficult game and this is such a good win for us. We played with a high tempo in the first half and definitely deserved our victory."

Milan Baros is also out for the next three games after being sent off for a wild challenge on Alan Stubbs.

"We are going to be short in attack now," said the manager. "I have seen the replays of the incident and maybe it was a red card offence.

"If we get any more problems then I might get a game myself. I'm training well!" 

Liverpool deserved their win, they created far more chances.

Being honest, you could easily see Liverpool dropping poitns in 'easier' games before the end of the season and missing out on fouth spot.

Shocking tackle from Baros

Archived