Stevie Gerrard

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Where will Gerrard be next season?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Geordie_Elvis

I reckon its a done deal that he will link up with Lampard at Chel$ki.......Scary thought for the rest of us in the league!!

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Where's the Manchester United option?  :lol:  :lol:

437099[/snapback]

With Man Ures current financial situation I cant see the board releasing £40m+ to bring in Gerrard.

And I dont think Stevie would go to the enemy?

With Man Ures current financial situation I cant see the board releasing £40m+ to bring in Gerrard.

437107[/snapback]

I agree, but as for the idiot who wrote that rubbish! :lol::lol:

437107[/snapback]

agreed united wont be shelling out this type of money on players this summer, however i wouldnt call it a 'situation'.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
agreed united wont be shelling out this type of money on players this summer, however i wouldnt call it a 'situation'.

437206[/snapback]

Not really a bad situation when you 'only' make £30m profit a year.

But my 2 reasons still stand why SG wont be going to United.

Anyway you dont need him.....you have got Liam Miller ;) and Kleberson :lol:

437206[/snapback]

If Stevie G goes anywhere it will be south to London or abroad, it will never be to Castle Greyskull, he wants success FFS :rolleyes:

The article has just a tad of Manx bias would you say.

Imagine the so called "biggest team in the world" having a "situation" :P

Long live Malcolm Glazer.

If Stevie G goes anywhere it will be south to London or abroad, it will never be to Castle Greyskull, he wants success FFS :rolleyes:

The article has just a tad of Manx bias would you say.

Imagine the so called "biggest team in the world" having a "situation" :P 

Long live Malcolm Glazer.

437245[/snapback]

See you :angry::P

Anyway I dont hold out any hope at all that he would come and sign on at OT, its fairly obvious if he goes anyway then it will be Chelsea. Im not sure of Real Madrids finances at the mo, but they would possibly be the only other contendors for the signature.However i think Beckham and Owen will leave in the summer so not sure if he would fancy it.

So the profits have dropped :o

Didnt we just spend in the region of £30 m on Rooney, and a combined £14 on smith and Heinze?

All have been quality editions to the side/squad.

Granted we have not sucseeded at all in the champs league over the last couple of season but we are still making it there every season, continually passing the group stage, progressing far in domestic cups and being the closest contender in the league to them mafia boys Chel$ki.

Hardly unsucsesfull times i feel ;)

Didnt we just spend in the region of £30 m on Rooney, and a combined £14 on smith and Heinze?

437283[/snapback]

Rooney has been worth every penny, but what do you think of the rumours going around that Smith is on his way to Newcastle? With Van Nistelrooy and Rooney the first choice pairing, will Alan Smith want to remain at Man Utd?

Rooney has been worth every penny, but what do you think of the rumours going around that Smith is on his way to Newcastle?  With Van Nistelrooy and Rooney the first choice pairing, will Alan Smith want to remain at Man Utd?

437293[/snapback]

to be honest I would be gutted to see him go as he has really been taken to heart by united since he joined us. his effort determination and commitment to the cause have all been outstanding and I do feel in the early part of the season we could have fallen a lot further behind had it not been for him.

I couldnt blame him at all for excepting a move to the toon if it came about, a deal involving Shay given has been touted and that would probably work well as we need a keeper of that calibre.

I dont know what Smith will be thinking at the moment, I have doubts he will shift Ruud and Rooney from the side, but when Chelsea pick up the title will he feel there is unfinished business at Man U?

to be honest I would be gutted to see him go as he has really been taken to heart by united since he joined us. his effort determination and commitment to the cause have all been outstanding and I do feel in the early part of the season we could have fallen a lot further behind had it not been for him.

I couldnt blame him at all for excepting a move to the toon if it came about, a deal involving Shay given has been touted and that would probably work well as we need a keeper of that calibre.

I dont know what Smith will be thinking at the moment, I have doubts he will shift Ruud and Rooney from the side, but when Chelsea pick up the title will he feel there is unfinished business at Man U?

437302[/snapback]

I'd say that given your goalkeeping problems, a swap deal involving Smith and Shay Given would be a good piece of business for United. With Shearer coming to the end of his shelf life, it wouldn't be the worst deal in the world for Newcastle either.

I'd say that given your goalkeeping problems, a swap deal involving Smith and Shay Given would be a good piece of business for United.  With Shearer coming to the end of his shelf life, it wouldn't be the worst deal in the world for Newcastle either.

437314[/snapback]

a straight player swap though, or cash having to go one way?

See you  :angry:  :P

Anyway I dont hold out any hope at all that he would come and sign on at OT, its fairly obvious if he goes anyway then it will be Chelsea. Im not sure of Real Madrids finances at the mo, but they would possibly be the only other contendors for the signature.However i think Beckham and Owen will leave in the summer so not sure if he would fancy it.

So the profits have dropped  :o

Granted we have not sucseeded at all in the champs league over the last couple of season but we are still making it there every season, continually passing the group stage, progressing far in domestic cups and being the closest contender in the league to them mafia boys Chel$ki.

Hardly unsucsesfull times i feel  ;)

437283[/snapback]

Rooney & Heinze have been excellent acquistions, Heinze has been the best foreign player in the Premiership this season IMHO.

Man Urinal's problem now, is that in the past they could outspend / outbid everyone in the UK, but with Mr Abramovich on the scene now, they are under greater pressure than ever to succeed on the pitch.

I don't beleive for a minute that the majority of Manx accept qualification for the final stages of the CL and the FA Cup final as being success, you know it is abject failure.

The Premiership & the CL is the only measure of success for Urinal and you know that they have failed on both counts this season.

Beery Nose is doing an excellent job :P

a straight player swap though, or cash having to go one way?

437318[/snapback]

I'd have thought Newcastle would be due some cash from Man Utd. If Smith is worth in the region of £7m (that's what Leeds received), I'd say Given isn't worth much less than 9m. That's a pretty hefty wack for a goalkeeper but Ferguson has to splash the cash. He can't continue with Howard and Carrol. :lol:

The Premiership & the CL is the only measure of success for Urinal and you know that they have failed on both counts this season.

Beery Nose is doing an excellent job :P

437324[/snapback]

Yes ok Fair do's.

Also David Gill has come out and said today that Sir Fergie is far from excempt from getting the sack.

A strong possibility if we keep goin out at the 2nd stage of the cl.

I'd have thought Newcastle would be due some cash from Man Utd.  If Smith is worth in the region of £7m (that's what Leeds received), I'd say Given isn't worth much less than 9m.  That's a pretty hefty wack for a goalkeeper but Ferguson has to splash the cash.  He can't continue with Howard and Carrol. :lol:

437331[/snapback]

Not so sure, he is only a year away from 30 now, and im sure Chel$ki only paid in the region of £7m for Cech.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Not so sure, he is only a year away from 30 now, and im sure Chel$ki only paid in the region of £7m for Cech.

437335[/snapback]

Cech was unproven at the time tho, You know what you are getting withShay and that is one of the most consistent keepers in Europe and yeah hes 29 next month.....so what. Schmeicel played til he was 35(ish) and other keepers are playing past that age.

Anyway Givens going nowhere, we arent a selling club, unless Man U offer silly money.

£10m + Smith and hes yours, we have got Englands best keeper on the bench anyway ;)

I'd have thought Newcastle would be due some cash from Man Utd.  If Smith is worth in the region of £7m (that's what Leeds received), I'd say Given isn't worth much less than 9m.  That's a pretty hefty wack for a goalkeeper but Ferguson has to splash the cash.  He can't continue with Howard and Carrol. :lol:

437331[/snapback]

Sadly a Given / Smith swap would be an excellent bit of business for Man Urinal :angry:

Given is right up there with Cech for the best goalie in Britain, a great keeper.

I also note that Fergie reckons that Queiroz is his ideal replacement, when he decides to go :blink:

He hardly set the heather on fire when he was at Real did he? or did I miss something?

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Sadly a Given / Smith swap would be an excellent bit of business for Man Urinal :angry:

Given is right up there with Cech for the best goalie in Britain, a great keeper.

I also note that Fergie reckons that Queiroz is his ideal replacement, when he decides to go :blink:

He hardly set the heather on fire when he was at Real did he? or did I miss something?

437347[/snapback]

Benitez next Real Manager?? Did a good job at Valencia and hes gonna get a lot of stick if the reds finish below the Toffeemen?!

437347[/snapback]

Managing an unbalanced ageing side, sold Makelele before he began and that really knackred them for me. The defence was pish, and to me David Beckham is not a central midfielder.

Despite the argument i actually do agree he aint the right man :lol:

Archived