Jobs

Tryfield

Private practice, yes. NHS, it would take a few years to get up to that. That said, there's also additional training involved to go from Nurse to Nurse Practitioner.

During my brief and inglorious career in the NHS I think I saw a few job adverts for NPs stating salary of around £35k. obviously, additional training, qualification required and I think most practioners were also managers in the place I worked.

Is there any better than this? I think not.

Can you link back to the thread where that was in? I think there needs to be a campaign to make that the most greened post in P&B history.

During my brief and inglorious career in the NHS I think I saw a few job adverts for NPs stating salary of around £35k. obviously, additional training, qualification required and I think most practioners were also managers in the place I worked.

It's a Band 7 post in the NHS. Pay scales are here.

How long does it take that solicitor to reach that grade? How long does it take a nurse to become a home manager?

It depends because there is no standard pay-scale as a solicitor, but from leaving school you've got 4 years for the LLB, 1 year for the Diploma in Legal Practice, 18 months of a traineeship, then it's whatever you can get. Your bog-standard solicitor is likely to take several years to get onto that sort of pay-grade, but if you get a lucky break you might be onto that sort of salary within a couple of years of your traineeship ending.

I don't know how long it takes a nurse to become a home manager, or indeed if being a home manager is restricted to nurses, but it's hardly going to be decades.

We need more nurses and less solicitors. A nurse should be paid at least double that of a solicitor.

Soldiers should be paid more than footballers because they are so heroic, fighting to save our country.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

We need more nurses and less solicitors. A nurse should be paid at least double that of a solicitor.

Fewer.

This is why we need more, not fewer, lawyers. The world without pedantry is scarcely a world worth existing.

A Solicitors job description:

1. Take money from people that have rightfully earned it.

2. Give said money to somebody that has no reason to deserve it, whilst keeping a large portion for yourself.

3. Start process again.