Help! (played SPL 1998- AND Junior)

RobRoyGuy

few years back whilst at the end of my deal with linlithgow they retained me until dunipace took me half way through the season i can remember my first game for the pace that year was down at beith in the super 1st cant remember the year. myself carlo rea and kieron macilduff all left chaplehall to go to the pace

cheers Jon - 05-06.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have also played all divisions

spl- motherwell

1st - stenhousemuir as a trialist filling in for lindsay hamilton

2nd- dumbarton

3rd- albion rovers and east stirling

amature- chaplehall for 6months

When were stenny in 1st division?

Not sure if all of these guys def played an spl game

Martin Baker- Killie + Pollok

Ross O'Donnoghue - Aberdeen + Pollok

Kevin Budinauckas - Partick + Linlithgow

George Shaw - Dunfermline + Pollok

Can only think of 1 player that has ever played with Ladeside and in SPL, Greg Denham, dont think there is another.

George best arbroath vics not played in spl tho.sure u would let him off.a one off game i ment to believe. anyone beat that?

True ! before the spl so could not include him in a list but still well worth posting the following ..... (btw is that george best front row centre ? )

George Best at Arbroath

To celebrate their centenary year, the Arbroath Vic's secured George Best to play for them in a match against Arbroath F.C. The match was held at Gayfield Park on Sunday 8th August 1982.

It's a little-known fact that one of the greatest footballers in the world, and arguably Britain's finest of all-time, pulled on an Arbroath Victoria FC jersey not long after he reached the height of his playing career.

On the 8th August 1982, George Best made a 90-minute appearance for the team to help celebrate the Clubs 100th year. Best, the former Manchester United wizard, scored twice in a 4-3 win for his "team for the day" against the Red Lichties.

6733442025_ff38824039.jpg

Reports from the time suggest that George Best appeared genuinely interested in the Vics team and made himself available after the game to sign autographs for all and sundry before leaving to fulfill his engagements at the Vics Social Club. He was accompanied by ex-Miss World, Mary Stavin, who stole the show for her own reasons. She was also said to have been down-to-earth and ready to chat and joke with locals.

Teams:

Arbroath Vics: E. Martin, S. Arbuthnott, A. Sommerville, D. McIntosh, S. Hunter, J. Hunter, T. Cargill, R. Coull, B. Chapman, R. Butchart, G. Best.

Subs: D. Gall, I. Harrison, G. Mitchell, B. Cargill, D. Johnstone, G. Forrester, A. Dalglish, A. Swankie, D. Swankie.

Arbroath FC: D. Larter, S. Forsyth, Farrell, D. Durno, Davie, Rendall, D. Robb, W. Gavine, B. Duff, D. Young, T. Hill.

Subs: D. Powell, Cavelline, Anderson, Brown, Hird.

i have also played all divisions

spl- motherwell

1st - stenhousemuir as a trialist filling in for lindsay hamilton

2nd- dumbarton

3rd- albion rovers and east stirling

amature- chaplehall for 6months

I'm pretty sure Stenny have never been in the 1st division.

IIRC they have only ever been promoted from the third division. Not 100% on this but I cant recall them ever being that high - the only 1st Division games I've ever seen at Ochilview were Falkirk and Stirling home games.

Think I remember Paul Wright ex Kilmarnock playing for Buffs at some point, also Dave McKeller was in goals for us after he left Rangers! Not sure if Colin Scott ever got a first team game for Rangers but he had a few seasons at Dalry too.

Think I remember Paul Wright ex Kilmarnock playing for Buffs at some point, also Dave McKeller was in goals for us after he left Rangers! Not sure if Colin Scott ever got a first team game for Rangers but he had a few seasons at Dalry too.

colin scotts was a cracking keeper he defo got an spl game cos i remember john collins scoring a free kick into him at ibrox. ex bankies also

Archived