Upcoming Film Releases

11thHour

• 2 weeks later...

Joker: Folie à Deux:

The first "Joker" was a classic, so I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn is a masterstroke.

This movie was originally talked about as a musical, it's not. It just has musical elements.

I would've enjoyed it either way, to be honest.

This Harley is an Arkham patient, as opposed to a therapist, so it'll be interesting how to take the story and her dynamic with Arthur/Joker.

UK Release date: 4 October.

On 09/09/2024 at 01:33, Chripper said:

Joker: Folie à Deux:

The first "Joker" was a classic, so I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn is a masterstroke.

This movie was originally talked about as a musical, it's not. It just has musical elements.

I would've enjoyed it either way, to be honest.

This Harley is an Arkham patient, as opposed to a therapist, so it'll be interesting how to take the story and her dynamic with Arthur/Joker.

UK Release date: 4 October.

I think I'm about the only person who didn't like the first Joker movie. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I think I'm about the only person who didn't like the first Joker movie. 

I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think it would've got a lot of attention if it wasn't a Batman film. Probably would've just been called a decent Taxi Driver knock-off and made a respectable profit.

However, I've seen two trailers for the new one and it looks like shit to me. Again, if it wasn't a Batman film, would anyone care? Would we be excited to see a Taxi Driver sequel where Travis Bickle finds love in the prison library? Also, even if it isn't a musical, there are musical numbers which means it can absolutely GTF.

I saw a trailer for Joker 2 before Alien: Romulus, which reminded me that I actually really liked the world of the first one, even if the film itself was a bit naff. I think I'll check it out when it comes to streaming. 

More importantly, when are we getting a release of The People's Joker?

3 minutes ago, saint dave said:

Salem's Lot new version released soon. 

They appear to have kept the 70s as a setting which , I think , is a good thing. 

Also , they have put all the big moments from the Tobe Hooper version in the trailer. 

Aye, looks decent. Certainly a bit different to the original, which is up there with Duel as one of the best old-school TV movies ever.

Bit annoying that it's only on streaming, as there are going to be a lot of gloomy night sequences, and compression always makes them look like dugshite. Might wait and see if it gets a release on physical media.

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, looks decent. Certainly a bit different to the original, which is up there with Duel as one of the best old-school TV movies ever.

Bit annoying that it's only on streaming, as there are going to be a lot of gloomy night sequences, and compression always makes them look like dugshite. Might wait and see if it gets a release on physical media.

I'm sure I read in the replies that it was getting a cinema release in the UK....hope so. 

14 minutes ago, saint dave said:

I'm sure I read in the replies that it was getting a cinema release in the UK....hope so. 

Excellent - I caught The Killer in the brief cinema run before Netflix and was glad I did.