Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This Spiers Haggerty thing seems to have blown up in Rangers faces, it looks as if almost every Editor in the UK has been tweeting their support for GS and disgust at Rangers , Even the NUJ calling them "a mob" lol

I think the key to understanding Rangers fans is accepting that they're basically like Trump supporters - not only approving of their heroes being horrible, vile, spiteful morons, but actively glorying in it and celebrating it, simply because it annoys lots of people who they really don't like.

Sociologists and psychologists would have a field day with this Spiers thing alone. I'm not sure that there's another phenomenon quite like it in world football. Lazio, maybe.

And not a f**k is given

Do you not think it should be though?

I know there's this "No-one likes us; we don't care" thing, but that's been exposed as utter nonsense numerous times.

Why would you not care how people view you and the club you support? Caring about such things is fairly human I'd have thought.

I think the key to understanding Rangers fans is accepting that they're basically like Trump supporters - not only approving of their heroes being horrible, vile, spiteful morons, but actively glorying in it and celebrating it, simply because it annoys lots of people who they really don't like.

That's probably a decent parallel to draw, but I don't think it's fair to label all Rangers fans that way.

I don't even think it's necessarily that fair to label the ones on here that way, although the personas they find themselves adopting do conform to that pattern.

It just becomes a cosy retreat when confronted by reason.

I think the key to understanding Rangers fans is accepting that they're basically like Trump supporters - not only approving of their heroes being horrible, vile, spiteful morons, but actively glorying in it and celebrating it, simply because it annoys lots of people who they really don't like

Was it not your mob who worshipped lennon

Sociologists and psychologists would have a field day with this Spiers thing alone. I'm not sure that there's another phenomenon quite like it in world football. Lazio, maybe.

Ignorance is so much easier than understanding.

I wonder what has gotten the **** all wound up?

Lord Malcolm says Rangers only talked about two different entities 'so they could still say they won the league

Edited by stonedsailor

That's probably a decent parallel to draw, but I don't think it's fair to label all Rangers fans that way. I don't even think it's necessarily that fair to label the ones on here that way, although the personas they find themselves adopting do conform to that pattern. It just becomes a cosy retreat when confronted by reason.

You'll certainly find fans of other clubs who take just as much joy in making the world a less pleasant place to live - and that's true of mine, more so than others. Still, I'd say that it's the level of commitment to emboldened, belligerent, defiant stupidity that makes this particular case unusual.

You'll certainly find fans of other clubs who take just as much joy in making the world a less pleasant place to live - and that's true of mine, more so than others. Still, I'd say that it's the level of commitment to emboldened, belligerent, defiant stupidity that makes this particular case unusual.

I think that's true.

It's got a lot to do with circumstance. The truth has been, and continues to be, pretty unpalatable for a lot of Rangers fans and if an alternative narrative breaks down, glorying in the unpleasant reality becomes necessary.

I also think it's wrapped up in the reasons why a lot of OF fans support the clubs that they do and that's to do with a need to feel superior/adequate, by backing something that's pretty much predetermined to enjoy 'success' within particular, narrow parameters.

That's not a position that lends itself to lots of genuine, critical reflection about the thing that's been embraced to provide such feelings.

Good luck with that. I've tried to ask some genuine questions but they get lost in the mire, plus the Rangers fans are so used to deflecting rubbish (with good reason) that they never give a serious answer. If you want facts and a sensible, rational discussion, don't look for it here.

why would anyone expect facts in an almost 7000 page thread devoted to denying the reality that rangers survived?

I imagine most people come on here to have a laugh and attempt to wind up opposing fans, which is where the stories of rangers fans dropping cars on away fans and support for spiersy and the hag comes from, spiersy was caught making up anti rangers stories again and haggerty is so bitter she couldnt even hold onto a real journalists job for a month as at the first opportunity she had a go at rangers for something many other clubs including celtic have done in the past

why would anyone expect facts in an almost 7000 page thread devoted to denying the reality that rangers survived?

The thread is not devoted to that at all.

It's for discussing everything connected to the administration and subsequent liquidation of Rangers.

Views on continuity range from one extreme to the other, while some of us adopt a more nuanced view.

But they didn't survive....

Currently Charles Green's Sevco, who acquired the assets of old Rangers after the CVA failed, are now masquerading as a pseudo-Rangers.

facts are chiels that willna ding

Currently Charles Green's Sevco, who acquired the assets of old Rangers after the CVA failed, are now masquerading as a pseudo-Rangers.

And if the following charges are found to be true then what we have suspected to be true will have been proved, the club playing as Rangers could very well be proved to be a fraudulent version. The equivalent of a Barras knock off.

Green is charged with inducing investors to pay £5.5million and fraudulently using the money to buy Rangers through the firm Sevco.

He is accused of defrauding investors by pretending Whyte “was not concerned in or involved with Sevco knowing this to be false”.

Green is also accused of fraudulently raising £21million through a share issue.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-rangers-chief-charles-green-7272267#3QpCPwxIE9k3ireG.99

Rangers have already ceased to exist. A judge said that Sevco only called themselves Rangers so that they could claim they had won the league.

never happened, the only source of this is from noted celtic fan and celtic fan crowdfunded court reporter doleman :lol: he has no credibility at all

heres what the judge actually said about rangers status from the stv reporters twitter

"Judge says club didn't "spring to existence" on date of transfer in June. Rangers QC agrees."

Judge asks Green QC "why it is so important" to define the difference between Sevco and "the entity which has existed for over 100 years".

another judge backs the same club fact

regarding dolemans lying , here some proof from yesterday

from dolemans twitter

1. "The club didn't spring into existence on 14 June 2012 Walker tells court" (walker is rangers qc)

what was actually said from stvgrants twitter

"Judge says club didn't "spring to existence" on date of transfer in June. Rangers QC agrees."

and another cracker from stv grants twitter feed

Green QC: "Rangers is thing that doesn't exist. Is only in people's minds. A myth of continuity". Draws laughter from judges & Rangers side.

I imagine most people come on here to have a laugh and attempt to wind up opposing fans, which is where the stories of rangers fans dropping cars on away fans and support for spiersy and the hag comes from, spiersy was caught making up anti rangers stories again and haggerty is so bitter she couldnt even hold onto a real journalists job for a month as at the first opportunity she had a go at rangers for something many other clubs including celtic have done in the past

It comes to a choice between believing either

• an award-winning (OK, it's a small pond) journalist who says something happened but has no material proof or corroboration. A journalist who Rangers' fans say has an anti-Rangers agenda but who might just be a journalist who reports the facts. A journalist who was prepared to stand behind his statement even at the cost of his job. Or
  • the board of RIFC, one of whom has been labelled a GASL by a South African judge.

I note that the Herald says Rangers threatened legal action but Rangers haven't publicly refuted Spiers' claim: they've just gone on the offensive. ave they asked the crowd not sing offensive songs recently? Maybe a wee item in small type at the back of the programme?

FFS Ken - The good stuff survived the bad stuff didn't ... have you not been paying attention?

They are still the same Rangers though despite having ditched the bad bit - all the folk that weren't paid for doing jobs for Rangers are not owed money by Rangers that was a different Rangers they did jobs for despite this being the same Rangers.

FFS Ken - The good stuff survived the bad stuff didn't ... have you not been paying attention?

They are still the same Rangers though despite having ditched the bad bit - all the folk that weren't paid for doing jobs for Rangers are not owed money by Rangers that was a different Rangers they did jobs for despite this being the same Rangers.

the club/company thing is really easy to understand, how can you still be having trouble with it?