Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What's that... debts totalling £29.1m fall due within a year...

Oooooft

DK LOL!

Now if you look at Rangers, even in terms of the financials, we are in an incredibly strong

position. We have shareholders who can fund it and it has virtually no debt. How many clubs in the world don’t have debt?

“For any football club our balance sheet is incredibly strong. We are one of the strongest clubs in the world financially.

I have not been keeping track of this charade from the beginning, so apologies if I am bit behind, but that article is so confusing... TRFCL (The Rangers) owe RIFC (Rangers International) £18.1 Million?

So they owe themselves money?

And is this standard practice for football clubs, in an effort to avoid the "club" ever going truly and utterly extinct?

so many questions hahah...

but regardless, from what I can understand, it looks like the new Rangers, haven't learned any lessons from their previous incarnation's mistakes 

Edited by xj2011

DK LOL! Now if you look at Rangers, even in terms of the financials, we are in an incredibly strong position. We have shareholders who can fund it and it has virtually no debt. How many clubs in the world don’t have debt? “For any football club our balance sheet is incredibly strong. We are one of the strongest clubs in the world financially.

If I recall he said that at their AGM last year... but on what basis could he make such a claim?

And don't tell me, the zombies lapped it all up, without question, just like the good loyal dogs that they are?

Sir Phil told them all yesterday morning anyway...

..An excellently placed source at Ibrox has told me that there was a high powered conclave on Friday afternoon.

The main players of Rangers International Football Club (RIFC) had business to discuss.

Mr David Cunningham King decided not to Jet In, but instead, I am told that he has hooked up by video link.

The accounts of The Rangers Football Club (formerly Sevco Scotland Limited) were discussed.

My thanks must go to Rugger Chap for spending a sunny Sunday afternoon excavating them for me.

I hope to have his forensic assessment of them in a day or so.

On the back of that Mr King, the Chairman of the RIFC issued a fiat that a good news story was required.

Therefore, expect something suitably Panglossian from the stenographers.

Now, let’s be Candide about this dear reader, it is rather their raison d’être.

So you have been warned.

Anything that is utterly gushing in the tabloids tomorrow apropos Sevco just might have emerged from that dignified order issued south of the Limpopo.

Ps...How many Ashley leaving Rangers story's today?

DK LOL! Now if you look at Rangers, even in terms of the financials, we are in an incredibly strong position. We have shareholders who can fund it and it has virtually no debt. How many clubs in the world don’t have debt? “For any football club our balance sheet is incredibly strong. We are one of the strongest clubs in the world financially.

Charles Green, Brechin 2012:

“We are in the Third Division and Celtic are in the SPL and what I’d like you to do is promise me at the end of this season, when all the games are played, examine the balance sheets of the clubs and tell me which one is the strongest?

Then let’s see who has got the strongest balance sheet.

We’ve not got the debt that any of these clubs have and on the last day of the season I would really enjoy some clever financial analyst looking at the balance sheets and debt-to-equity ratio of every club in Scotland.â€

Sir Phil told them all yesterday morning anyway...

..An excellently placed source at Ibrox has told me that there was a high powered conclave on Friday afternoon.

The main players of Rangers International Football Club (RIFC) had business to discuss.

Mr David Cunningham King decided not to Jet In, but instead, I am told that he has hooked up by video link.

The accounts of The Rangers Football Club (formerly Sevco Scotland Limited) were discussed.

My thanks must go to Rugger Chap for spending a sunny Sunday afternoon excavating them for me.

I hope to have his forensic assessment of them in a day or so.

On the back of that Mr King, the Chairman of the RIFC issued a fiat that a good news story was required.

Therefore, expect something suitably Panglossian from the stenographers.

Now, let’s be Candide about this dear reader, it is rather their raison d’être.

So you have been warned.

Anything that is utterly gushing in the tabloids tomorrow apropos Sevco just might have emerged from that dignified order issued south of the Limpopo.

Ps...How many Ashley leaving Rangers story's today?

Pompous guff aside it looks like McGillivan actually reread that prior to posting it :o

Couple of erroneous capital letters but it might just be his most error free diatribe to date.

(Ruggy Chap = Ruggy :unsure2: )

So who or what is actually in debt the club or the company running the club?

If it were any other club in the World we'd be saying something like "Barca are the second richest club in Spain" or "Chegutu Pirates report operating profit of 2000$"

But we're talking about 'Rangers' so we have to say "The Rangers Football Club Ltd reports £9m operating loss"

They're a bit special.

The size of the debt really isn't that big an issue so long as the lenders aren't demanding it back anytime soon. Also is it attracting interest on it and are they actually paying that interest or is it just getting tagged into the principal.

Also the p&l again isn't that significant, although more significant than the debt.

The place you should be looking is the cash flow statement for any real substance on how much trouble or lack of trouble they're in.

Regardless of that story, what an absolutely farcical establishment, from top to bottom they are. A laughing stock for Scotland and the wider world (if they indeed chose) to behold. The men in charge do not have the common Rangers fan in their heart, and that is a fact that the brainwashed masses will simply fail to accept.

As a result, from their super loyal fan base, there has been not one iota of dignity nor contrition for their past mistakes, nor any sign that they are willing to investigate or ask questions of their currently doomed regime either. They deserve all that is coming to them.

For shame

The size of the debt really isn't that big an issue so long as the lenders aren't demanding it back anytime soon. Also is it attracting interest on it and are they actually paying that interest or is it just getting tagged into the principal.

Also the p&l again isn't that significant, although more significant than the debt.

The place you should be looking is the cash flow statement for any real substance on how much trouble or lack of trouble they're in.

sounds like a David Murray thing to say

sounds like a David Murray thing to say

There's a large difference between being in over your head with banks that desperately need to clean up their own balance sheets and having debt with sympathetic shareholders that aren't necessarily in any rush to get their money back.

There's a large difference between being in over your head with banks that desperately need to clean up their own balance sheets and having debt with sympathetic shareholders that aren't necessarily in any rush to get their money back.

fair enough

How does this affect their standing in the FFP regulations? If they win the SFA cup will they have a licence to play European football next season?