Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see a club called Rangers are listed as due to play in the Scottish Cup at the end of this month.

Spartans, Brechin City and East Stirlingshire were excluded/elected from this competition for failing to fill in forms correctly: last season's Rangers failed to pay money due to my club following their defeat at Ibrox in February 2012.

From this, I conclude that the 'Rangers' listed in this season's competition is an entirely different entity, otherwise they, too, would surely have been barred from taking part, stealing from another club being far more serious than forgetting to date a form properly.

Can anyone clarify?

Yeah. That money is in dispute as the SPL agreed to pay it to DU. Have DU asked the SPL for it?

1. As keeps getting pointed out, EBTs are illegal.

2. The *real* Rangers on the other hand gave their players second contracts and didn't register them with the SPL in order that they could ilegally use their EBT scheme and get away with it.

3. This allowed them to sign players they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford.

4. In effect, they stole £50m from the taxpayer to cheat their rival clubs and used the SPL's registration rules as a means to cover up what they were doing.

5 I seriously can't see them handing out anything other than immediate termination of the *real* Rangers' membership of the SFA which is now in the possession of the the tribute act newclub The Rangers FC (formed 2012, formerly known as Sevco).

1. No they are not.

2. You made that up - a complete invention.

3. Your guess is, well, a guess.

4. You made that up - another complete invention.

5. The panel are working up some smoke and mirrors for the SPL. Not the SFA.

Diddy clubbers - wtf are they like. laugh.gif

You just help yourself can you, insult away you moron

Sensible said

Its great that its an independent panel of legal bigwigs that is in charge of the punishments. I seriously can't see them handing out anything other than immediate termination of the *real* Rangers' membership of the SFA which is now in the possession of the the tribute act newclub The Rangers FC (formed 2012, formerly known as Sevco).

This is a punishment by default to the newco, thankfully it will never happen, the commission did list 6 possible punishments, was this one of them? ;)

It might happen, as I mentioned above, if Charlie is stupid enough to try to take them to court over removal of Sevco's "history sale". The only option then left to them would be to kick you out the league. Oh there'd be dancing in the streets of Zurich that evening.

Celtic didn't give Juninho a second contract. THAT is the REAL issue.

As keeps getting pointed out, EBTs are illegal. Celtic may have subsequently decided that they didn't use the EBT properly and should pay the tax - but that is entirely up to them.

The *real* Rangers on the other hand gave their players second contracts and didn't register them with the SPL in order that they could ilegally use their EBT scheme and get away with it. This allowed them to sign players they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford. In effect, they stole £50m from the taxpayer to cheat their rival clubs and used the SPL's registration rules as a means to cover up what they were doing.

And Traynor wants them to get away with it?

Its great that its an independent panel of legal bigwigs that is in charge of the punishments. I seriously can't see them handing out anything other than immediate termination of the *real* Rangers' membership of the SFA which is now in the possession of the the tribute act newclub The Rangers FC (formed 2012, formerly known as Sevco).

No wonder Green is worried. :lol:

EBT's were legal (not illegal) during the 10 years that Rangers were using them if/when used correctly. Rangers did not use the EBT scheme correctly. There is a difference.

Edited by McCoist Must Stay

I don't really understand what you've typed there. But the old Rangers didn't pay up the cash when it was due, which would have been more than enough for any other club to be booted out the next season's competition.

This year last year ;)

SPL are due you that money pal :D

Charles Green said that, so it must be true eh? ph34r.gif

Well, we await the verdict(s) on that allegation.

From all the evidence that has been put forward from various sources who have been employed by Rangers FC itself it is clear that they did not use the EBT scheme correctly. They used it to pay players wages for 10 years (using dual contracts). It is time for the club to put its hands up and admit its guilt.

Edited by McCoist Must Stay

SPL are due you that money pal :D

Yeah. That money is in dispute as the SPL agreed to pay it to DU. Have DU asked the SPL for it?

You are possibly both referring to the claimed spl/oldRangers agreement which was made 3 months after the money was due to Dundee United. United were not party to such an agreement.

No other club would have been allowed not to pay money due, and still be in the next season's competition. Does this confirm Green's Rangers as being a new club?

EBT's were legal (not illegal) during the 10 years that Rangers were using them if/when used correctly. Rangers did not use the EBT scheme correctly. There is a difference.

Nope, EBTs have been deemed to be pretty far from legal as far as HMRC are concerned, they're offering, or have been offering any individuals or companies who used them an amnesty to come in and settle outstanding tax bills to save going to court, and I'd imagine quite a lot will do just that. HMRC have the right to go back as far as they like to investigate these things too, hence Rangers' massive, and eventually crippling, 75m plus tax bill. Anyone else using EBTs will either be coughing up what they owe, or living in fear of a nasty, and potentially very large bill from the taxman.

The salesman at the time who set it all up for them, and the people who charged fees for managing it, will have ensured Rangers that it was legal, but all they had to do was sit down with a representative from HMRC at any time and ask their opinion on whether it was legal or not. They didn't do this because they knew it to be if not illegal, then at least highly dodgy, and so they ran with it in secret, as all other users of EBTs do. It eventually came back to bite them on their large orange bahookies though, and we are where we are now, with Rangers deid, new Rangers pretending to be old Rangers while plying their trade in SFL3, and months of entertainment for diddies and non orcs of all shapes and forms.

Just seen fat sally on SSN, he just said "no use looking back mumpin & moanin about things, we have to look to the future".

Not caring about losing your titles any more then ally ? :D

Plenty more titles to win in the future. Shove those SPL titles up your bum. We'll back in the top league again by the end of this decade with Super Ally at the helm.

If the commisions kangaroo court findings are wrong then Rangers and CG would be 100% correct in taking them to court and well within their rights

It still does not give your fantasy any more chance of coming, its not on the list ;)

It is illegal under FIFA rules for a club to take its association to court, Sevco got away with doing it once, and I don't think they will again. Now taking the SPL to court might not be as cut and dried a case of flouting these rules as would taking the SFA directly, but I'm pretty sure it would amount to the same thing and FIFA would have to ensure that necessary action was taken. You might want to think about the consequences of taking them to court before you start championing your right to do so.

Undoubtedly you have a *legal* right to do so, but under the internationally agreed rules of ih fitbaw, you might well find yourselves a pure huge international giant of a massive behemoth of a legend of a club with loyal fans far and wide, but nae league to play in and, in effect, deid. For the second time.

I don't see any mention of time limits on paying this money, I don't dispute Utd were due it, however CG has made it clear that as far as he and Rangers are concerned that responsibility for this payment rests with the SPL as agreed by letter on the 15th May

The SPL dispute this and have asked the SFA to judge the matter, not much anybody can do till then so I don't see a valid reason why Rangers would be ejected from this years competition

Money is due to be paid on the day of the game: rule 46 (e).

"The share of the receipts, or the guarantee, shall be paid, in cash, on the day of the

match, unless any agreement is made to the contrary." It's on page 210.

Rangers were in breach of the rules on the day of the game, and still, 3 months on, they hadn't paid.

Spartans, Brechin City and the 'Shire wouldn't have got away with this, would they?

I don't see any mention of time limits on paying this money, I don't dispute Utd were due it, however CG has made it clear that as far as he and Rangers are concerned that responsibility for this payment rests with the SPL as agreed by letter on the 15th May.

I suggest that you upload the letter for everyone to read along with all other letters of correspondence between Charles Green and the SPL. Not all of us Rangers fans are as gullible and naive as you are. Only the most foolish of Rangers fans believe everything that comes out of that lying b*****d Charles Green's mouth.

It is illegal under FIFA rules for a club to take its association to court, Sevco got away with doing it once, and I don't think they will again. Now taking the SPL to court might not be as cut and dried a case of flouting these rules as would taking the SFA directly, but I'm pretty sure it would amount to the same thing and FIFA would have to ensure that necessary action was taken. You might want to think about the consequences of taking them to court before you start championing your right to do so.

Undoubtedly you have a *legal* right to do so, but under the internationally agreed rules of ih fitbaw, you might well find yourselves a pure huge international giant of a massive behemoth of a legend of a club with loyal fans far and wide, but nae league to play in and, in effect, deid. For the second time.

At least one club has taken the SPL to court before and FIFA/UEFA didn't do anything about it. The SPL are not the national association.